If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #51  
Jperry said:
I have a couple questions I am hoping you guys can answer for me. First off I have orange groves and am looking for a replacement for my Kawasaki Mule. First off when checking irrigation, it is not uncommon to get on and off every 20 feet or so. With the open mule this works out good as you can just leave running and in gear, you can step off, fix the jet, and step back on give it some gas and you move to the next trouble spot. My question is are the doors removeable? Can they just be lifted off when not wanted or are they solidly mounted? Also can I leave the toolcat in gear idiling like this and just step on and give it some gas to move to the next spot?

The other question I have is I noticed it has an engine throttle like a tractor, however can it also maintain a steady speed using that throttle? The applicaiton I have in mind here is to hang a spray boom off the front to do spraying with. I would need to maintain a steady speed to keep my mixtures right per acre.

Thanks for help guys I am looking to purchase something after the first of the year and may have other questions as well.

The Toolcat has a cruise control function which should help you while spraying. It works best on flat terrain...

As for getting out of the Toolcat, just throw the lever into park before getting out. You also have to raise the TICS armrest which will alarm if you try to exit the machine while it's still in drive, for safety.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #52  
I took a quick look at my door hinges and it looks like you should be able to open the door then lift it up and out of the hinges.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #53  
Thanks for all the information. I will definatly have to visit a dealer to look at these a little closer. The only concern I have is with that safety switch in the arm of the seat. Anyone found a way to bypass this yet so I can just leave it in the up position? Or is the onboard computers too smart to let me bypass this?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #54  
Jperry,

The doors are easy to remove, one bolt to remove the strap that limits how far the door will open then lift the door off the two hinges. I've had mine off.

Like mentioned, the speed control works well on flat surfaces. It will speed up or slow down on slopes. On gentle slopes it is easy to compensate for by varying the throttle position.

Having owned two Deere Gators I find stop and go type travel with the Toolcat to be a real pain. Like the Mule, with the Gators you can accelerate quickly, left off, coast or step on the brakes, jump off and back on and away you go. Very handy. With the Toolcat you accelerate slowly, let off slowly (or get whiplash), put it in neutral, throw the safety arm, get out and back in and reverse the steps.

dsb

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #55  
Does anyone know what the MSRP of the 07' Toolcat Turbo will be? I have an Loaded 06' 5600 Turbo (375 hrs) that I want to sell along with an oversized 66' bucket, 72" Mower, and 48" Forks. I was thinking of holding firm at $35K. In no rush to sell... am I too high/ too low??

Oh, is there an NADA type value guide that the toolcat is listed in? And what publication/auction etc. can I get the most exposure for the dollar? Thanks for your input.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #56  
DYLAN
They would not give me a new unit!! I refused to take it back so they gave me an extended 3 year warranty at no cost. fresh2ob

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #57  
That extra warranty might come in handy. good for you.
Dylan

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #58  
UFM82 said:
Timm9- Simply put, the older A and B models had a pretty weak 670 lbs of rollback for attachments, making items like pick-up sweepers, Brushcats and the like impossible.
UFM82

I just picked up a used B series and the first thing I tried was the brushcat. It loaded and unloaded it easily off a flatbed and I was able to mow and rollback just fine. I wonder why it wasn't approved for B series?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #59  
yellowdogsvc said:
I just picked up a used B series and the first thing I tried was the brushcat. It loaded and unloaded it easily off a flatbed and I was able to mow and rollback just fine. I wonder why it wasn't approved for B series?
Try tipping the brushcat down an enbankment or raise the brushcat in the air, tip it forward and then try to roll it back to level. The rollback force can get pretty weak with the front end tipped down and becomes stronger as tipped back. That may be a reason why it wasn't approved. My dealer told me the earlier toolcat versions had some difficulty even tipping back the 72-90" finish mowers if tipped down.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #60  
radman1 said:
Try tipping the brushcat down an enbankment or raise the brushcat in the air, tip it forward and then try to roll it back to level. The rollback force can get pretty weak with the front end tipped down and becomes stronger as tipped back. That may be a reason why it wasn't approved. My dealer told me the earlier toolcat versions had some difficulty even tipping back the 72-90" finish mowers if tipped down.

When I demoed the B series with the brushcat I ran into just this problem...when I tipped the bc down it got stuck there and I had to lower the front edge down to the ground and back up to realign.
Steve