If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...
Agreed. Unfortunately the machine is what is. And it truly doesn't seem to matter how thoroughly I explain or even demonstrate the process. I continually get calls from people who can't remember the simplest things about their machines, whether they be Toolcats or Bobcats or whatever. Most people are not familiar enough with a car much less a piece of equipment. I do my utmost best to explain to people that a machine going 6mph running a 72" mower deck on a 90ー day is actually going to be working harder than your car does at 7mph on the highway. People don't understand the workings of a machine.

I didn't mean any offense by my comments. Ignorance in and of itself isn't a negative thing. I'm ignorant of many things because I do not know those facts. Don't confuse ignorant with stupid. I deal with that on a daily basis too.

Anyway, my point, if there is one, is that most times a mechanical failure has a basic reason and once that reason is found and resolved, things are fine. Sure unusual things happen but basic knowledge of what you are running and how it operates will get you a long way ahead of everyone else.

AND, my main point is that if the dealer cannot duplicate your problem it is because the dealer is not you. Your application may be something un-duplicate-able (that's not a real word) by the dealer and a problem that's not evident can be very hard to fix. Give the tech all the info you can regarding the issue.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #72  
I still can't figure out why i have water in my cab from the evaporator pan dripping over. I bought a service manual and it mentions nothing about an drain for the B series. Has anyone figured this out or is it normal for the water to discharge out of the cab instead of someplace else?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #73  
I just ordered a Toocat 5610D loaded to the max, but I noticed the spec sheet says "low flow." The sales rep said I wouldn't need the hi-flow and it would add thousands to the cost. Should I get the hi-flow? How much more should I expect to pay? Will I regret not having it? I'm pretty hard on my tractors - well, according to the John Deere repair guys, I am... Thanks.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #74  
depends upon your application and your attachments, most attachments don't utilise hiflo so your dealer is probably half right.

texas i think you are, i guess you wont be needing it for smowblowing then which seems to tbe the common use for hiflo.

curiously enough a bobcat tiller brochure says they can use hiflo, i'm pretty sure there's a hiflo brushcat version.

so, whats your application?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #75  
If I remember correctly, the cost of the high-flow is was about $1,000 about a year ago. Shouldn't be much different now.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #76  
The high flow list is $1240 plus attachment control of $175. Brush mower, stump grinder, and snow blower, tiller and flail cutter are a few items that can use high flow but low flow versions are also available. Some aftermarket trenchers can use high flow. High flow is one of those items if you think you may need it in the future, get it now. Can't really be added later.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #77  
If you loaded up the 5610 I assume you have the rear pto.
That I believe requires the hi-flo.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #78  
For the extra $1-1.5K I would order it, especially since you've got a loaded machine. For a difference of 2-3% of the total price, it's It will be easier to sell and get a higher trade-in price if you have it. It's also better to have it when needed than not.

My wife is also very hard on any equipment, (including me). I hope our new Toolcat can handle her.:)

DEWFPO

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #79  
If you loaded up the 5610 I assume you have the rear pto.
That I believe requires the hi-flo.

You are correct. A loaded 5610 probably has a rear pto. The high flow is standard (required) with rear pto.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #80  
Thanks for all the responses and feedback. I was a little worried about the high flow thing. It arrived at the dealership today, and it does have the high flow! I also ordered the Brushcat Cutter, and a regular bucket; but I think I'm going to exchange that for the Combo bucket. It looks cool. I can't wait till it's delivered. Thanks again, everybody.