Snowblowing

/ Snowblowing #1  

dylan

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat B series
Hello everyone
I just got my toolcat last week and i'm looking to install a backdrag for the front of the snowblower.

Some sort of setup so that when i blow snow up to a garage door, i can set down the back drag and pull away the remaining snow.

Does anyone here have any pics of a similar setup?

Thanks
Dylan

Attachments

• toolcat ES.jpg
    toolcat ES.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 1,662
Last edited:
   / Snowblowing #2  
Dylan,

I recall reading about others wanting the same thing. Pronovost has a model with that feature but I only see a 3pt version.

Do you already have a snowblower and are looking to add this feature to it or are you looking to buy one with it? I have a Bobcat 66" SB200. I've never used it in snow but did run it once to test everything. I'm trying to remember how all the controls work to power the blower, rotate the chute and change the angle of the deflector and if there is an unused function on the joystick to lift/drop a backdrag.

dsb

/ Snowblowing
I already have the 72" SB200. My dealer mentioned that there is enough controls with the toolcat to run an extra hyraulic cylinder up front.
I'm looking to build this backdrag myself because i've never seen anything available on the market.
thanks
Dylan

/ Snowblowing
Shovelling may not totally be for me so here is the prototype:

Two cylinders will power it up and down. It will have a poly urethane cutting edge and a plastic blade to keep the snow in.

Should be finished in a few days.

Attachments

• Picture 015small.jpg
    Picture 015small.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • Picture 016small.jpg
    Picture 016small.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 878
   / Snowblowing #6  
Dylan,

It looks like you are well on your way. Good work. If we got more snow here I would keep my blower and look into to fabricating a backdrag for it too.

I still cannot think of how you are going to control the up/down on it with the standard Toolcat controls. You will need post that part as well and enlighten me.

Good luck,
dsb

/ Snowblowing
Dsb
Thanks for the reply. Here are some more pics. I'm on my way to the dealer this morning to get his help with the hydraulics. He said it would be no problem to run the cylinders from one of the extra switches behind the joystick.
There are 3 of them in a row. The first 2 will run the chute on the blower. Up / down and rotate. the Third switch will raise /lower the back drag.

Still left to do:
install poly cutting edge
plastic gliders
poly blade to hold deep snow in
hydraulics
paint

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 821
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 682
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 664
   / Snowblowing
The hydraulics are finished. It works really good.
We went over to the local hockey rink and found some snow to blow!

Just the detail work now like paint and touchups.

Attachments

• Picture 023small.jpg
    Picture 023small.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 893
  • Picture 026small.jpg
    Picture 026small.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 664
  • Picture 029small.jpg
    Picture 029small.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 636
  • Picture 027small.jpg
    Picture 027small.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 615
  • Picture 030small.jpg
    Picture 030small.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 730
  • Picture 032small.jpg
    Picture 032small.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 748
   / Snowblowing #9  
Very nice...let us know how it works on the real stuff right around the corner.
Steve

/ Snowblowing #10  
I am about to start this same project. I thoght it would be easier to have the rams run parellel with the ground instead of up and down. Did you give this any thought?
Thanks Mike