Pull plow pictures

/ Pull plow pictures #1  

dylan

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat B series
Hi Everyone

I started my pull plow project this weekend.

It will go into the rear hitch and pull the snow forward. This will be useful for draging out parking spots and for driveways that have houses right on both sides.

This the very beginning of fabrication so it looks a bit rough.

I bought a used 50'' blade for $100. I'm going to widen it to 60" to just cover the wheel tracks.

I'm debating to either add rear remotes ($1000) to provide down pressure or just use the weight of the blade for scraping and an electric winch ($100) to pull it up. I'm trying to watch the budget on this one.

it won't have a trip spring but if it is winch powered it will bounce up over obstacles and I'm going to install a poly urethane cutting edge that will bend over bumps.

It only adds about 14" of lenght to the toolcat. All the available models added about 3'.

here are some pics.

cheers dylan

Attachments

• pullplowsmall.jpg
    pullplowsmall.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 883
  • pullplowpullingsmall.jpg
    pullplowpullingsmall.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 872
  • pullplowuppsmall.jpg
    pullplowuppsmall.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 601
  • pullplowupsmall.jpg
    pullplowupsmall.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 580
   / Pull plow pictures #2  
Morning dylan.

Looking good...wondering if the plow weight alone will be enough to cut thru pack snow banks.

/ Pull plow pictures #3  
Thomas said:
Morning dylan.

Looking good...wondering if the plow weight alone will be enough to cut thru pack snow banks.

You could always add some weight to the blade. The whinch could handle it.

/ Pull plow pictures
Thomas
Thanks for your concern. I had the same thoughts. I did go over to the local hockey rink and use some of their "snow" for some tests. After pulling out some wet sticky snow, I packed it down and then tried to scrape it up. Initial tests were positive.

If just the weight of the plow does not suffice I do have the hydraulic option as a backup. Down pressure should give lots of scraping ability.

Cheers Dylan

/ Pull plow pictures
Here are some updated pics. It is coming along nicely. Just a few details left to do.
Edit: Hm, maybe I'll post some pics of it during the day time. The black blade does not show up too well at night. On the other hand ... please enjoy the pics of my new reflectors!

Attachments

• Picture 032small.jpg
    Picture 032small.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 444
  • Picture 030small.jpg
    Picture 030small.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Picture 031small.jpg
    Picture 031small.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
   / Pull plow pictures #6  
Morning dylan.
That should catch someone attendion...I'd say your good to go and you can have my fair of snow. :)