Looking at the 'Views' numbers

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
I was just noticing that there seem to be a lot more views of the different threads than there are of people posting or starting new threads. I was wondering if it's just people visiting from other forums, or if Toolcat folk just don't have a lot to say. Does anybody know how many members we have in the Toolcat forum?

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers #2  
Rolando said:
Does anybody know how many members we have in the Toolcat forum?

Uh, there isn't separate membership for each forum. We are all members of TBN.

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers
I suppose what I meant was how many people did we have that are using Toolcats.

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers #4  
Rolando said:
I suppose what I meant was how many people did we have that are using Toolcats.

About half as many as actually own them. The rest are waiting for theirs to come back from the shop for repairs. :D Sorry, I couldn't resist.:)

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers #5  
As one of the owners using mine and not having any problems I can say that was perty funny, others may not agree.....

dsb

Touché! Believe it or not, I had the same thing happen to me again the same day I got it back. But this time being armed with the knowledge that it was probably another branch, I got on my back and started feeling around underneath. Sure enough there was a branch stuck in there. The wheel would go into a hole and push the other end of the branch into the undercarriage. Anyway, I felt around and found a set of wires that had gotten unplugged. I plugged it back into it's socket, and it started moving again.

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers #7  
I think the Toolcats are really cool, but I will probably never own one for various reasons. I do enjoy reading about them.

Two things come to my mind when posting. One, do I really have something to add to the conversation, and two, how many people will I make upset. :)

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers #8  
Rolando said:
Believe it or not, I had the same thing happen to me again the same day I got it back. .

Sounds like time to fabricate a protective shield of some sort. I guess that is the downside of trying to use the toolcat in the woods. These things were pretty clearly designed more for grounds maintenance activities than full on woods operations so I guess the designers did not pay as much attention to vulnerable areas under the TC. Glad to see you have the problem figured out though.

/ Looking at the 'Views' numbers #9  
Having an exposed undercarriage is a major drawback to doing much of anything outside of maintaining a golf course lawn.....

Yeah, the sad thing is that the second time I was on mowed grass. What happened was that there was a small piece of branch, about 3 or 4 ft long, laying with one end over a small pot hole in the ground. When my rear wheel went into that hole, it pushed down on the end of the branch and leveraged the other end of the branch up into the undercarriage and a nest of wires down there.

There really needs to be some kind of guard over wiring like that. Like I said, I wasn't in the woods somewhere, it was just a matter of the right length of stray branch laying in the right place at the right angle. Seems to me that this could happen in any golf course with trees overhanging the fairway.