Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights #1  

jmfox

Platinum Member
It seems to me that the roof sun shade and lights were an after thought and he machine would look better with it off. Has anyone tried removing this?

jmf

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights #2  
jmf,

As I recall, the sun shade is welded to the cab. If you removed the sun shade and the lights the only thing left would be the wipers and wires/holes for the lights. I'm not coming up with a good mental picture.

dsb

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights #3  
ROPS was not an afterthought. It looks a little stupid because there are government specified head room dimensions.

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights #4  
I apologize for the above post....:( I read it as roof , hood and lights..duh..brain ain't always in gear in the am :eek:

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights
I think the one on the C-Series is plastic.

jmf

dsb5610 said:
jmf,

As I recall, the sun shade is welded to the cab. If you removed the sun shade and the lights the only thing left would be the wipers and wires/holes for the lights. I'm not coming up with a good mental picture.

dsb

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights #6  
jmfox,

While cosmesis may be an issue for you, this cap protects the lights and wipers from falling debris, which has been minimized by the C series limited FEL roll back.
Overall, the toolcat is not a sexy beast, just a darn useful one, and it is for this last reason that I purchased mine. The aesthetics of it were not part of my purchase decision.
I doubt that you will find anyone that has permanently removed their work lights, especially for the aforementioned reason.
And you are correct, the C series shade is ABS plastic.

Cheers!
Steve

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights #7  
So you are saying that the toolcat is not going to catch on in Hollywood???

TS

/ Has anyone removed the roof hood and lights
Not only aesthetics, but the smooth line would remove places for branches to snag.

I didn't realize that the hood protects the wipers.

jmf

Last edited: