new owner questions

/ new owner questions #1  

Scott-62

Today I got my new toolcat (well new to me its a 06 turbo with high flow with heat/air had 160 hours on it and is still under warrenty got it with bucket delivered 28K seemed like good deal) local dealer not much help and didnt have any new ones in stock had 06 with 230 hours and wanted 37K. 1st question dealer told me he could order me a new unit wasnt sure when he could get it and could not order a turbo model I was told the turbo was the way to go why would they not offer them in a new model? 2nd is anybody using bio diesel ? Do you need to make any changes to use it? Our local gas station offers bio diesel at same price as regular diesel and I was told its easier on the engine and runs better anyone know anything about this? 3rd does anyone know about how much bedliners cost? Anyway been messing around a little today really like the unit, most of the information I know about these I got from reading this forum so thanks for all the info

/ new owner questions #2  
As I understand it, all the new Toolcats (D-Series) are Turbo's.

jmf

/ new owner questions
I sat right in the dealers office in november and he called the factory and they said he could order a new unit but not a turbo. Maybe this was was a tempory issue or maybe the dealer was mistaken, my concern was now I have a turbo is thier something wrong with them?

/ new owner questions #4  
Bio-Diesel is a NO-NO in the Kubotas. As little as 5% can cause issues with power and engine wear. Bobcat Co. advises strongly against it. Ask your dealer- he'll tell you what the factory says.

/ new owner questions #5  
Seems like # 1 & #2 were answered so ill throw my .002 on the bed liner. I would recomend getting a spray in bedline by a PRO , not one of the DIY kits. Looks good and takes the abuse.
Scott

/ new owner questions #6  
agree

i have the bobcat bedliner - it does not fit that well.

should have gotten a high quality spray in instead.

ts

/ new owner questions #7  
Hi,
The situation with not being able to order a turbo is this. They are not building Toolcats at this point so they are using up existing inventory. If you order a new one now all there is to fill the order with are non turbo units.

Once production of the D Series starts only turbos will be available.

On the biodiesel, we had our first experience with it this week. We had a new rental S175 skid steer that a customer put a 20% blend of soybean oil in. He didn't tell us until we started asking questions after the next guy complained of no power.

You could actually smell that something was wrong...shop guys said it smelled like french fires :). We drained the tank and changed the fuel filter....seems no worse for wear but who knows down the line.

Bio diesel seems like false economy when you are risking a 25-50k or more piece of equipment.

/ new owner questions #8  
While I do not run any blend of biodiesel farmers in my area do. One in particular that I am familiar with goes through more fuel in a year than I will go through in a lifetime with my Toolcat. They use it in a fleet of agriculture and construction equipment.

While Bobcat may or may not approve the use of biodiesel, a quick Google search turns up a press release from Kubota indicating they approve the use of B5 in specified models. I would recommend you follow your manufacturer's recommendation for fuel.

Although the bedliner is not a glove fit it does have notches to put in a board creating a foot or so storage area in the front of the bed. I put a chainsaw, fuel, chains, etc. in the storage space, load the bed up with firewood or brush, drive to where I need to dump and dump without removing the items in the storage area. Very handy.

dsb

/ new owner questions #9  
you learn something new every day - did not know those notches were there. thx

ts

/ new owner questions #10  
I purchased a new 5600c 56hp Turbo Diesel in June 2006. I had a bedliner sprayed in and a few other options like rear work lights. The sprayed in bedliner was a great decision. As far as bio-diesel, I have heard too many bad stories with power etc., I will not use it.

:)