concerned about reliability ? Read this !!

/ concerned about reliability ? Read this !! #1  

petedegan

Tractor
kubota l4200 cab toocat
In response to the posts that toolcats are unreliable- these have been my expierences. I bought mine tc with 1100 hours on it two + years ago, it had been used for the previous two years to build a train tunnel- (thats right- build a train tunnel) my "A" model had been completely covered with concrete- cab and windows smashed, dented- jackhammer hose draped all over, poor thing had been to **** and back. driven thru water ice and a slurry of concrete every day. It had concrete 1" thick everywhere, except the seat. conditions were so rough in the tunnel that the tires were foam filled to prevent flats. 28' rebar was rammed tru the glass cab as a way to carry it. i repainted it got the concrete off with a chisel and acid, put glass back in. machanicaly nothing was wrong with it just cosmetics after all that abuse. repainted it is hard to tell it from one with 100 hours. drives and operates perfectly for almost 3 years now. oh yea- im not easy on it either but thats another story. As for this being a fluke- at my dealer recently was a bobcat with the same motor as my toolcat, with 9000 hours on it without a teardown. oh yea- my tc has had nothing but oil changes lots of paint and a heater switch. There was a heavily visited post about a polaris rangers bieng superior, I hope this post disperses with that notion, and gives toolcat owners a little more confidence in their machine.

/ concerned about reliability ? Read this !! #2  
great news.

i own both. they are not in the same ballpark in terms of build quality (or price). one is for play and light work. the other is for work. it is difficult to build a rock solid vehicle that can go 50mph at 1200lbs (the ranger xp). 5000lbs and 18mph and now you can build with metal instead of plastic! the nice thing about a hydro system is that it is usually pretty easy to fix anthing that breaks. besides the issue with bad drive motors that caused some to have failures due to metal obstructing the filters, most problems on this site have been minor. there are a few things that bobcat could have done better, but they each would have added cost. all in all the tc is an incredible machine. stick within its specs and it should last a long time. bobcat is not going anywhere so parts should be available for as long as needed. just be sure to match the attachment motors with the capabilities of the hydro pump - like the snowblower for example.

go badgers!