Best attachment for dirt road maint?

/ Best attachment for dirt road maint? #1  

jabbahop

Tractor
2007 Toolcat Turbo C series
I am getting a Toolcat and wanted to know what attachment people recommend for maintaining a long, steep dirt driveway. We get washboards frequently, sometimes washouts, and occassionally I need to retop with crushed gravel. Which attachment works best for this type of work?
1) standard bucket?
2) the "land plane"
3) the grader (very expensive!)
4) something else like this DR Power Grader hitch attachment?

DR® Power Equipment -

/ Best attachment for dirt road maint? #2  
That DR Power Grader looks like a light-duty box blade, with gauge wheels.

I like the gauge wheels, but stopping & getting out to hand-place larger rocks in the plastic bin looks like a PITA.

I would think about a standard box blade for starters. There is a reasonable market for used ones, if cost is a consideration, and if it doesn't work out you can always re-sell it with only a small loss.

The Power Grader is a wierd duck and if it is too light duty, it could take years to sell it off.

/ Best attachment for dirt road maint? #3  
Looking down your list, you probably need more than one implement. For example, spreading gravel with a box blade is difficult unless you have a loader to carry the gravel where you need it.

Definitely, a box blade to work out the wash boards and spread fill + gravel, and a loader to carry the fill + gravel. After you have the driveway totally shaped up, - then the landplane would be the cat's patooty to regularly (weekly, monthly? - drive usage dependent) rapidly recrown the road, smooth the gravel, and get it back in top condition really fast.

/ Best attachment for dirt road maint? #4  
Has anyone found a box scraper with hydraulic controlled teeth for the front?

jmf