Losing power & error codes

/ Losing power & error codes #1  

greensway

Tractor
2006 Toolcat 5600
I used the toolcat for the first time yesterday plowing, and the warning light with error code 50-59 kept coming on. The book states wheel sensor for this code, what is needed to be done, is it a problem?

Also when I would come to a stop at the end of a pass with full blade of snow and push it into pile, it would not move sometimes.
I would push the gas pedal all the way down and nothing, after a few seconds I could feel the power slowly coming back to the wheels, and it would slowly start moving then power up to normal.

Any ideas?

/ Losing power & error codes #2  
The book on my 'A' model indicates the 50-59 code as a front wheel speed sensor missing pulses. Assuming your code is the same the first thing I would do is check the connector on the front speed sensors. On the 'A' model the connector is located behind the front lift cylinder guard and the sensors are located just inside the shocks and can be indentified as a round plate with 3 bolts holding it on.

Your description of when the unit will not move does not say whether you just shifted to change directions. There are times when I get in a hurry and shift while the unit is still moving or before I completely release the drive pedal. When I do that I usually have to pause (unit stopped, foot off of drive pedal) before the unit will begin moving again.

dsb

/ Losing power & error codes #3  
I have had the same problems. I've had that error code once. the dealer just said to keep an eye on it because sometimes it triggers a code for no reason. It has not done it since.

I too have problems with power loss. Sometimes it is caused by shifting like dsb described. Other times it happens went i am in motion. Dealer said it is most likely poor fuel or water in the fuel even though i run diesel additive in the fuel.

I just took mine in for the 250 hour service. hopefully changing all the fluids and filters will improve these little idosyncrasies.

Good luck
dylan

/ Losing power & error codes #4  
greensway said:
I used the toolcat for the first time yesterday plowing, and the warning light with error code 50-59 kept coming on. The book states wheel sensor for this code, what is needed to be done, is it a problem?

Also when I would come to a stop at the end of a pass with full blade of snow and push it into pile, it would not move sometimes.
I would push the gas pedal all the way down and nothing, after a few seconds I could feel the power slowly coming back to the wheels, and it would slowly start moving then power up to normal.

Any ideas?

How bout and update? Did you get it fixed?

/ Losing power & error codes
The sensor was taken out and had hairline fractures, tech said that it was not properly put in at the factory and put a shim in behind? to prevent vibration with the new one, it snowed again and the Toolcat was out for 12 hours with no problems.

The hesitation did not occur again.

Was able to build 8' -10' piles and traction greatly improved doing this with the addition of 500lb. in rear.

There is a automatic brushless car wash next door, and it does a great job in cleaning- Supreme selection for $10 get the underbody 7 blow dry!