My New Toolcat

/ My New Toolcat #1  

PAFarmboy1

Bronze Member
After my internal debate! I made a once in a lifetime purchase of a Toolcat 5600c with Mower/Chipper/Blower/Bucket. I had several minor issues with the electrical system corrected by my dealer and Bobcat. I must say that after owning three Kubota Tractors, two of which I still have, the Toolcat is an awesome machine. It does things better than anything I have ever owed. Considering a grapple fork and snow blade, does anyone have a clue what these attachments cost? Has anyone see the 2007 models?

PA Farm Boy:)

/ My New Toolcat #2  
My dealer here in Minnesota said that Feb 20th they were going to have a meeting and would let me know what the changes were. When I find out I will let you know alittle about the 5600D.

/ My New Toolcat #3  
curious how you like the chipper and blower - two attachments I have been eyeing but not sprung for yet.

/ My New Toolcat
I have a 33 acre Farm in the Pennsylvania Mountains, my heritage from my Grandfather and Father. The Chipper works great, it's a far superior attachment to the former troybilt chipper that I traided in. I can chip 4 and 5inch logs/branches with ease. I recently within the last month had the opportunity to use the blower. Again, a great attachment. I did my 1/2 mile lane in half the time that my B7200 Kubota would plow the same area. My only issue with the blower is an operator issue. I needed to learn to raise it up a bit from the gravel road bed. The blower will move anything in it's way to include the gravel. I recently moved 12 inches of snow topped with 2 inches of ice with no problem. Overall a "great machine". I just wish the attachments were not so expensive.

/ My New Toolcat #5  
PA Farm Boy,

There are a wide variety of grapples. I have the Bobcat utility grapple which I recall sells for around $1600 new (don't qoute me on that). It works great for me but I do not dig with it. If you want something to go in after roots you may need to look at other models designed for that. Keep in mind the more heavy duty the attachment is the more it weighs.

I use the grapple a lot. A couple of weeks ago a neighbor and I cut some trees out of a fenceline that were blocking the view at an intersection. I would pinch the trees with my hydraulic pincher from the pasture side while he ran the chainsaw then I would lift them over the fence and drop them. Tonight I used the grapple to carry them over to a fence and drop them on the other side. Once I had all of them out of the pasture I headed for the other side, picked em up again and carried em to a ravine for the critters.

dsb

/ My New Toolcat #6  
panther1400 said:
My dealer here in Minnesota said that Feb 20th they were going to have a meeting and would let me know what the changes were. When I find out I will let you know alittle about the 5600D.

What did they say???

/ My New Toolcat
dsb5610: Thanks for the information! I have been interested in the Bobcat Utility Fork/Grapple of which I have seen photos from the Bobcat Website and other sites on the net. This attachment would fulfill me need to pick up logs and move small brush piles etc. I have read on this site and many others pros/cons of the Toolcat. I am sold on it! The functions performed by the Toolcat on my farm are done better that any other equipment I have seen.