Buyer's Group

/ Buyer's Group #11  
jmfox said:
Why do you think it won't fly in your area?

jmf

I think you misread my post , or i didnt get my idea across correctly. What will not fly in my are was in reference to the dealers that will only sell the 5600 at full list 'because no one else makes one" , i havent sold one at list price yet , and dont see that happening anytime soon. thats what i meant by "that wont fly in my area" , some parts of the country , it does happen.

List price , percentages ect ect i agree do not mean any thing , its the bottom dollar you pay for something , from car or truck to a piece of equipment. Its along the line of " buy a hat and ill give ya a toolcat for free (ps the hat costs 40k)" .

Will post more later , my oldest son has his FFA banquet tonite. Just wanted to clear a couple of misonceptions up

Scott

/ Buyer's Group #12  
jmfox said:
Does everyone agree that the basic configuration should be a bkt, 90 inch mower, High Flow, 7 pin attach control, Deluxe Road Package, cab A/C & heat, and 29" tires? As to additional attachments I am thinking that our respective Bobcat dealers should be considered.

jmf
When you say basic configuration, I think you should stay to the base machine. I wouldn't consider options or attachments in base. You will never get everybody to agree on what is a "base machine". If miltiple orders would be placed, the units would likely be ordered directly from Bobcat at one time. The dealer should be able to base price the machine, then add options and attachments at another price. (I would put A/C in base price.) Everyone gets what they want. Dealer maybe able to configure price based on 1-5 units, 6-10 units etc. However, a single price would be easier for everyone to decide what they want. My guess, dealer would want considerable deposit for this deal.
Next decision would be location for delivery. 1 location? 2 locations? More?

Talked with my bobcat dealer today. He doesn't keep toocats on the lot. They are not big volume items. He orders them as needed. He says one guy will want high flow and the next won't. Next wants road package only, next wants larger tires and high flow. Doesn't sell enough to keep all variables on the lot. He did say, if people are willing to spend the money on a toolcat, they all want A/C. When he first saw the toolcat, he thought it would be a big seller, but he says it has faults that many buyers don't like. Not high enough lift, needs more lift capacity, difficult to manuever in tight areas due to length and cost of machine. For golf courses, they are a little too heavy. I thought communities would be a larger buyer but he says for the price of an equiped toolcat ($40,000), they can get a skidsteer and used pickup and do similar jobs better. He did say everyone likes them for snow removal.

/ Buyer's Group #13  
Factory Installed Options:
Dlx road package
Hi-flow
Cab/ht/air
Attach cntr kit
HD Battery
5 Diff tire options

Perhaps extended warranty?

Maybe the best would be to set a discount % on attachments ordered at time of delivery .

Deposit and Credit Aprroval would be needed before machine ordered , woud be fair i think.

Scott

/ Buyer's Group
There are some options that are factory only, and should be carefully considered at time of order:

INDIVIDUAL OPTIONS
M1001-R08-C02 ATTACHMENT CONTROL......................................................................... 175.00
M1001-R02-C03 CAB ENCLOSURE WITH HEATER & AIR CONDITIONING....................... 4,195.00
(Includes doors, floor mats, cab foam, heater and air conditioning unit, three-piece
headliner with radio pocket, location for speakers, and storage behind seats for
a clip board, owners manual, etc.)
M1001-P01-C01 DELUXE ROAD PACKAGE......................................................................... 1,760.00
(Must also order Cab Enclosure with Heater and Air Conditioning)
(Includes back-up alarm, turn signals, flashers, tail lights, brake lights, rear view mirror,
side mirrors, horn, lower engine guard, rear work light, and headlights)
(Allows Work Machine to meet most regulations for driving on local roadways.
Check with local DMV to confirm all requirements for off-highway machinery on your
local roads. Toolcat machines are not "automobiles" and thus do not need to be licensed
to drive on local roads, but usually require lighting and mirrors included in this package)
M1001-R07-C02 HEAVY DUTY BATTERY........................................................................... 75.00
M1001-R03-C02 HIGH FLOW PACKAGE............................................................................. 1,240.00
(Includes high flow valve, larger auxiliary hoses, and high flow switch in cab)
(Provides 27.9 GPM for attachment operation)
(Must also order 7-Pin Attachment Control)

TIRE OPTIONS
(Set of 4 Tires– In Place of Base Equipment)

M1001-R05-C01 27 X 8.5, 8 PR, TRAC TIRES...................................................................... 150.00
(Work Machine Width – 56")
M1001-R05-C03 27 X 10.5, 8 PR, TURF TIRES.................................................................... 280.00
(Work Machine Width – 60")
M1001-R05-C04 29 X 10.5, 8 PR, TRAC TIRES.................................................................... 250.00
(Work Machine Width – 60")
M1001-R05-C05 29 X 12.5, 6 PR, TURF TIRES.................................................................... 450.00
(Work Machine Width – 64") (Includes wide fenders)

/ Buyer's Group #15  
a bit off the subject but ufm82 has stated the new d series cab is unchanged in size. you list a tire option with a tc width of 56inches. my c cab is around 59 inches wide. with the door handles that is a little over 60. how can the cab be the same and the d tc come in a 56 width option?

thx
ts

/ Buyer's Group #16  
Dang, why is the deluxe road package so expensive? :eek: Not exactly complex items in that list. Backup alarm, lights and useless lower engine guard - wow. Gold plated? Can simple items like side and rear view mirrors be added later?

Ordering machine with desired factory installed options and % off list for attachments seems to be the way to go.

Still need to work on dealer, prices and location. Can they be picked up at Bobcat in Fargo SD, shipped to where ever dealer designates (buyer), or do they have to be shipped directly to dealer?

Any TBN Bobcat dealers interested? Should we investigate local dealer willing to put something together?

Where are interested buyers located? I live in Nebraska.

Any list prices for radio, bed liner or other accessories? List prices for attachments?

/ Buyer's Group #17  
radman1 said:
Any TBN Bobcat dealers interested? Should we investigate local dealer willing to put something together?

Where are interested buyers located? I live in Nebraska.

Any list prices for radio, bed liner or other accessories? List prices for attachments?

I live in Michigan and I would like to purchase a toolcat as well. When were you planning on purchasing? Bobcat has 0% financing for 42 months until the end of this month.

I believe the radio is listed for some ware around $300 with a tape player, a CD player is about $30 more. I thought the bed liner was not offered anymore? Someone will know for sure.

/ Buyer's Group #18  
jmfox said:
There are some options that are factory only, and should be carefully considered at time of order:

INDIVIDUAL OPTIONS
M1001-R08-C02 ATTACHMENT CONTROL......................................................................... 175.00

Is this the extra joystick or is the joystick in addition to this package? Also do you what parts are needed to control 14 pin attachments?

/ Buyer's Group
I'm in NY and agree about the road package expense. I would like the integraged brake lights and turn signals. Possibly this is an option that has an inflated markup that a dealer could cut down to size. I have already asked my dealer about his pricing for 5 machines.

jmf

/ Buyer's Group
Actually, I'm thinking the largest Bobcat dealer might be the best candidate. Does anyone know who sells the most Bobcats in the nation?

jmf

Last edited: