Best option for a Grapple?

/ Best option for a Grapple? #1  

trlbrkr

Bronze Member
Tractor
02 NH Tn 75D-06 Kubota 105X-14 Toolcat 5600G-13 Kubota Excavator U35
   / Best option for a Grapple? #2  
I presume the toolcats have a universal (Bobcat) skid steer mount. If so, why not use a light duty grapple. My 48" Millonzi weighs only 280lbs and though labelled "light duty", it is made of 3/8 inch steel and should be very capable of handling anything you would reasonably do with a toolcat. Cost is much less than for the heavier grapples too. I don't know what they are quoting for them now but you can PM Joe Millonzi here on TBN (joe@millonzi) to get a special TBN quote. I believe Piranha also sells a similar sized unit.

You really don't need more than a 48" grapple if you are handling brush so don't think you need a grapple the same width as your bucket.

Attachments

• IMG_2717 600x450.jpg
    IMG_2717 600x450.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2841 Big bite little grapple.jpg
    IMG_2841 Big bite little grapple.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_8972-600x480.jpg
    IMG_8972-600x480.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_8974-600x480.jpg
    IMG_8974-600x480.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 204
   / Best option for a Grapple? #3  
Island Tractor,
Did those decals come with your grapple?
Also, what size tractor do you use with the grapple?

-Mike-

/ Best option for a Grapple? #4  
trlbrkr said:
I am in the process of buying a D and was disappointed the root grapple is 600pds and too heavy for the toolcat . I would be using it for brush and cleaning out the haypack in barns. At this point I am considering a 62" bucket mounted with 55"grapple? I also found this online but Westendorf did not list weight . Front-End Loaders by Westendorf: loader for tractor, shade canopy, wagons, manure & landscaping equipment.

The work you describe is what I do with the Bobcat utility grapple. If you have a need to go into the ground after roots I don't think it would hold up.

I clear trees out of fence lines, push them together, pinch em with the grapple, go to a ditch and dump. I can carry far more with one grapple load than I could by dragging them onto my 6x12 trailer due to being able to pinch them. I load manure that has hay mixed in that the bucket will not pick up. I also load round hay bales onto a trailer with it.

I can't find any good pictures of it on the new Bobcat website. The model I have uses replacable tines which allows you to add/remove tines to customize the attachment for your application.

dsb

/ Best option for a Grapple? #5  
Do you work for the Adam's Family? Spooky looking house.

72897d1174893669-best-option-grapple-img_2841-big-bite-little-grapple.jpg

/ Best option for a Grapple? #6  
jmfox said:
Do you work for the Adam's Family? Spooky looking house.

Traditional 120yo Victorian "beach cottage". No ghosts

/ Best option for a Grapple? #7  
mscheer772 said:
Island Tractor,
Did those decals come with your grapple?
Also, what size tractor do you use with the grapple?

-Mike-

Not sure what decals you are referring to. The "safety" decals all came on the grapple.