Anybody notice the new specs on Bobcat Site?

/ Anybody notice the new specs on Bobcat Site? #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
I was struggling through the horrible new Bobcat web site today and noticed that the Toolcat spec lists the tank size as 20 gals where my 'C' is only 16, so I realized that these must be the new specs for the 'D' series. Although some things don't make sense, like having just one ground clearance. Shouldn't that vary with the two tire sizes? And why make the cargo bed 5 inches shorter? They also made the overall length 3 inches shorter, so they made something else 2 inches longer.

It looks like everything else, spec wise, is about the same. The 'D' operating weight is 80 pounds heavier, but 30 pounds of that could just be the extra diesel. I know the changes 'under the hood' are more substantial. I wish Bobcat would release some discussions on what changes they made and why.

Here are the spec links on the Bobcat web site, since it could take a long time to find them:
'C' Spec
'D' Spec?

/ Anybody notice the new specs on Bobcat Site? #2  
i agree with everything you state. the new website is poor. hopefully it is not finished. the attachment specs/pdfs are no longer avail for download (at least i can't find them).

i also can not figure out why they made the bed 5 inches shorter and more narrow. also not sure why the entire machine was made shorter - better turning radius?

my local dealer also tells me bobcat has not done a good job describing the changes and why.

/ Anybody notice the new specs on Bobcat Site?
not sure why the entire machine was made shorter - better turning radius?

Actually, no. If you compare the two specs, the turning radius is the same.

/ Anybody notice the new specs on Bobcat Site? #4  
I also found the web sight very vague and difficult to navigate..Hard to find specs. and options on not only the toolcat, but the attachments as well..Kubota has all the old models listed so you can see the differance in Hp and weight capacities on their website that has helped me numerous times in researching possible purchases.
The reason I chose the more expensive D over the C is the claimed quieter cab-larger fuel tank- easier service on the side mounted motor-independant suspension-cruise control based on travel speed-improved cooling system with easier access to a larger radiator on top of oil cooler, no maintence drive system.
Will miss the lost 5" on the bed and the pto from previous models
The new single tube frame appears to have the option of easy model adaption to a longer bed for the future?