Panther1400 are you mowing today?

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #1  

jmfox

Platinum Member
Just wondering if the D-series is doing any chores this weekend.

jmf

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #2  
Always seem to be doing something with it. Livestock chores, with the planting season here it has been handling alot of pallets of seed and chemical. Moving a fair amount of rock and gravel to fill in the wet spring roads. Moving trailers and other equiptment, picking rocks, alittle of everything.

The one thing it has not done yet is mow, just got an inch of rain on Sunday so the grass will need a trim this week for sure.

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #3  
panther 1400
It appears the multi-purpose toolcat is just what you need. Any complaints or jobs you wish the toolcat could do better? I always thought a lug type tire would be better for improved traction like many dedicated trenchers and vibratory plows have. I have an 873 bobcat but not good in mud compared to tractor.

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #4  
That is the one thing I agree with you, the mud is tough for it. The worst part is that unlike a skid loader that can use the bucket to push itself out, the tc can not tip the bucket as straight down so it is tough to push itself out.
One benefit of the tc over a 753 is that it has more ground clearence so it doesn't get hung up as easy.

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #5  
i agree. i have 5 miles of woods roads and i can't take the tc on them yet. its small tires and wt cause significant ruts. this and ride comfort for mowing on those roads and my 8 acre pasture are the things i miss about my tractor.

once again, there is no perfect machine.

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today?
Do you think larger tires would help? I'm not thinking about the 29" option on the D-Series but something like 33" or more.

jmf

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #7  
That is why I got the 29", just trying to help a little. If you can fit them in, the bigger the better for traction and ride.

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #8  
jmfox said:
Do you think larger tires would help? I'm not thinking about the 29" option on the D-Series but something like 33" or more.

jmf
The bigger tires would help a little with the ride but the mud benefit would be marginal. I wished it had an option for a slightly deeper lug. CUT with large rear R4 tires still do poorly in mud. A trencher type tire with a moderate lug would give better traction.They are fairly wide, flat profile and low height and would give good floatation over grass etc. When I saw the prototype 3 pt toolcat, it was one of my suggestions. Bobcat is still thinking skid steer tire for the toolcat. The toolcat doesn't "skid" and the ability to turn the tires takes off a lot of the wear. A softer lug type tire would work on the toolcat.

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #9  
I have a 5600 Turbo "C" with 200 hrs. on it. Will be getting a new "D" in about three weeks.
I am just checking in to see if I was correctly registered with you guys.

I have enjoyed reading the threads on these pages for a couple months.

/ Panther1400 are you mowing today? #10  
dakota-2000 said:
I have a 5600 Turbo "C" with 200 hrs. on it. Will be getting a new "D" in about three weeks.
I am just checking in to see if I was correctly registered with you guys.

I have enjoyed reading the threads on these pages for a couple months.
Let us know how the D compares to the C series.