Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value?

/ Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value? #1  

rankrank1

Platinum Member
Tractor
1978 Kubota L285, 1951 Farmall h, 1946 Farmall m, 1950 John Deere A, 1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee, 195? Ford 850, 1948 Case DC, 1948 Case SC
Spring cleaning time. Have had this thing sitting in my barn for 10 years and have not done anything with it so it is now time to go .

I have an old Wheel Horse either a D180 or D200 - not sure as hood decal differs from the cowling decal. The tractor is complete but I do not have the engine. Anyway the tractor has 3 point hitch, rear PTO, and Hydrostat drive. I also have the belly 48" mower deck and a heavy duty front dozer blade attachment (this blade is much heavier than traditional snow plow type blade).

Anybody have any idea what would be a fair starting price to ask so I can list on Craigslist? (either as a parts machine or as a fixer upper if someone has an engine).

/ Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value? #2  
i gave 2 away last year: one with a 12 hp kohler engine and one with a 10 hp..the 12hp ran, but the mowing decks on both were in bad shape. tried to sell them for a long time and finally just gave them away to clear space in my barn...can't figure out where the extra space went to???? good luck
heehaw

/ Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value? #3  
The "D" series is a sought after machine, shame yours has no motor. Because of the attachments' value, I'd say something in the neighborhood of $500 +/- depending on how rough the tractor itself is.

/ Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value? #4  
The "D" series is a sought after machine, shame yours has no motor. Because of the attachments' value, I'd say something in the neighborhood of $500 +/- depending on how rough the tractor itself is.
I'm asking $900 for my 1966 Bolens 850 with a front blade and rear tiller and some othe miss. stuff and the tractor even has a working motor on it.

/ Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value? #5  
I'm asking $900 for my 1966 Bolens 850 with a front blade and rear tiller and some othe miss. stuff and the tractor even has a working motor on it.

Sounds like a nice Bolens, but if you are unfamiliar with the "D" series Wheelhorse machines, they are a lot bigger than a Bolens 850, more like a Bolens large frame.

/ Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value? #6  
The D series were very nice tractors, I had one years ago, it was a D 250 and it had a 4 cylinder Opel gas engine in it.

/ Old Wheel Horse D180/D200 Garden tractor value? #7  
One just can't compare the " D " series WH with anything else in the WH line. Weight is around 1,000 lbs and that might be w/out the deck. The automatic just spoils you to the point where you refuse to get anything other than a hydro. The WH auto is so smooth and powerful its almost hard to believe. I paid $ 400 for a snow/dozer blade that has run into standing trees at speed and has not bent in the slightest. The A frame for the blade goes well over 100 lbs as well as the blade.
These are super machines, only weak point seems to be the lack of automatic repair parts. The rest can be had or made. A " real " JD Deere for about $ 6,000 or more would be a comparable machine.