Toro Wheel Horse 416-H -- Thoughts?

/ Toro Wheel Horse 416-H -- Thoughts? #1  

jase

Hi, looking at a Toro Wheel Horse 416-H hydrostatic drive tractor. It's a '96, with only 318 hours on it. Looks like a pretty solid machine. Anyone have experience, good or bad, with these?

It would come with a single-stage snowblower. Anyone have an idea if you can get a dual-stage for it?

Thanks in advance. Jase.

/ Toro Wheel Horse 416-H -- Thoughts?
Well, I bought this. $900, with a mower deck, snowblower, and a mid-mount grader blade. I haven't really used it at all yet, but I'm pretty impressed with it. This thing is *solid*. The mower deck alone weighs probably 125-150lbs. The hydraulic lift for the deck and attachments is a really cool feature.

If anyone in New England is selling attachments that would fit this tractor, let me know. I'd especially like to get a front blade for it.

/ Toro Wheel Horse 416-H -- Thoughts? #3  
Jase,
Wheel Horse are really good tractors, the very first self-propelled machine I ever drove was a 1963 Wheel Horse. My family has had many down through the years, all had Kohler engines except my last which was a 416-8 and it had an Onan. I use a Kubota ZTR now but the Horse is a great machine, if you notice it has a cast iron front axle and steering components and they have a cast iron Eaton hydro set up. Good luck with your Horse

Steve