Toro Wheel Horse 520H vs. 416H (currently own the 416H)

/ Toro Wheel Horse 520H vs. 416H (currently own the 416H) #11  
Over the years I've owned 5 Wheel Horse GT.

two 416-H Onan P216 twin cylinder
one 310-8 10 HP Kohler single cylinder
one 312-8 12 HP Kohler single cylinder
one 414-8 14 HP Kohler single cylinder

At present I don't own any.

One WH 416-H I had to rebuild the engine, something I would never do again, it's way too expensive.
The other WH 416-H had only 193 hours on it and would shut down after it got hot and would only start again when it cooled down
Hard to trouble shoot, ended up replacing the coil, which did not solve the problem then luckily changed out the ignition control located underneath the flywheel, which did solve the problem. Cost about $180 in parts, can't take back ignition parts. I bet those parts would be over $300 today.
The three Wheel Horse with Kohler single cylinder engines, I never had any issues with. The best of all the WH I owned was the 414-8 with the single cylinder Kohler.
If I ever bought another vintage Wheel Horse again, it would not have an Onan engine, parts are way too expensive, and I feel the Onan twin is not as reliable as the single cylinder Kohler.
The Onan twin also burns much more gasoline than the Single cylinder Kohler, when doing the same amount of mowing.

Just my opinion
good luck

/ Toro Wheel Horse 520H vs. 416H (currently own the 416H) #12  
Hi Jase,

I know this is likely a hopeful reach, but do you still have the 416h available for purchase?

Please let me know,

Thanks and best regards,

Bob

Bob, I see this is an old message, but I have a 416-H that I would be willing to part with. I inherited it from my father in 1999. I think it is a 1994 model. It has served me well for almost 20 years, but it is time to put it out to pasture.