Wheel Horse

/ Wheel Horse #1  

bolensman23

I have a wheel horse garden Tractor that I cannot find the serial number plate on it and i Looked every were for it any Info is considered.

/ Wheel Horse #2  
I have a wheel horse garden Tractor that I cannot find the serial number plate on it and i Looked every were for it any Info is considered.

I believe mine in on a tag on the seat pan under the seat. However, Wheel Horse moved them around over the years. I'd suggest posting a pic of your WH here and you should get a response pretty quick.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

/ Wheel Horse #3  
Maybe it is the one I found in my yard the other day. :)

I used to have a wheel horse lawn tractor with 8HP Kohler and 32" rear discharge mower deck. Really liked it. Picked up a Deere 212 in 1976 and sold the WH to a friend who still uses it to mow and plow snow.
The other day I found a tag laying on the ground that had to have been laying there for 33 years.
Says Model 5 2362, S/N 449353
Looks good as new. Assume it was on the lawn tractor, but don't recall the model number to be this one.

Edit
Correction: Learned that this found tag goes with the mower deck, and it was a 36", not a 32" deck.

Last edited:
   / Wheel Horse #4  
Serial numbers were mounted in so many various places on those things. If you could post a picture of the tractor it would greatly help our efforts to help you.:cool:

/ Wheel Horse
here are 3 pictures of the wheel horse hopefully they are helpful

pictures 002.JPG

pictures 003.JPG

pictures 004.JPG

/ Wheel Horse #6  
Well, it's definitely late 60's or early 70's. It also has an 8 speed transmission, (including reverse), judging by the high and low range lever, along with the normal gear shift lever. The hood sticker, (although it might not be original), in my mind is pushing more towards the tractor being from the late 60's. My 61' 401, 551, and 63' 633 all have the serial number on the bottom right or left front of the frame, just behind the hood. Off hand, I can't remember where either of my 68' Commando 8's have it listed. Hope this helps.

:cool:

/ Wheel Horse
I Would have no clue if it is original or not. I bought it off of a consignment auction in Miledgeville Il for 85$ and now we are trying to figure out what engine goes in it.

/ Wheel Horse #8  
I had a model very similar (1968), and it had an 8 HP Kohler. With this having the high/low range (mine didn't) then I might think it had a 10 HP Kohler, and be early 70's.
Granted, just a guess that might help.

/ Wheel Horse
Would this Be a model 1056 because I found one that looked exactly the same

/ Wheel Horse #10  
b'man
That is a real good possibility. The 10 may imply the 10 hp kohler. And I believe my old one that looked just like yours (except for the additional hi/lo shift lever) was an 856 (that was a 1968 model).