Clutch Adjustment on 13-38XL Tractor

/ Clutch Adjustment on 13-38XL Tractor #1  

CIMS

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and am hoping for some help.

My dad has a Toro 13-38XL riding mower that he thinks is around 8 years old. He's no longer physically able to use the mower so my daughter has been cutting their lawn with it. The problem is the clutch/brake pedal seems way out of adjustment. The clutch doesn't start to grab until the pedal is almost completely released. Once released, it doesn't seem to slip but it's very difficult to get a smooth start because it grabs so late.

I have to believe there is an adjustment somewhere for the clutch pedal but can't find it. Is anyone out there familiar with this mower?

Thanks.

/ Clutch Adjustment on 13-38XL Tractor #2  
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and am hoping for some help.

My dad has a Toro 13-38XL riding mower that he thinks is around 8 years old. He's no longer physically able to use the mower so my daughter has been cutting their lawn with it. The problem is the clutch/brake pedal seems way out of adjustment. The clutch doesn't start to grab until the pedal is almost completely released. Once released, it doesn't seem to slip but it's very difficult to get a smooth start because it grabs so late.

I have to believe there is an adjustment somewhere for the clutch pedal but can't find it. Is anyone out there familiar with this mower?

Thanks.

I am not 100% sure but I think this is a belt drive unit. You may want to look real close at the drive belt to see if it has stretched. That is quite often the reason the for late engagement and can also cause them to grab since they are worn. A new belt belt may also be grabby initially until it is worn in.

Roy

/ Clutch Adjustment on 13-38XL Tractor
I am not 100% sure but I think this is a belt drive unit. You may want to look real close at the drive belt to see if it has stretched. That is quite often the reason the for late engagement and can also cause them to grab since they are worn. A new belt belt may also be grabby initially until it is worn in.

Roy

You are right, it is a belt drive. The belt doesn't seem particularly worn but it's tough to see.

So you think there is no adjustment? I can see the linkage until it gets up under the tractor body and don't see anything to adjust. I thought if I knew there was an adjustment somewhere out of site I would do some disassembly but don't want to go through all that if there is no point.