Toro Groundsmaster for pasture maintenance?

/ Toro Groundsmaster for pasture maintenance? #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
I have about 15 acres of horse pasture that I maintain with a ten foot bush hog type mower. The ground unduates enough that it is hard to keep from scraping the sides of the mowing deck so I am thinking about going to some kind of flex wing mower. I pull the 10' deck with a Mahindra 7520 4x4 which is kind of tough on the ground.

Looking around at various used equipment options, I noticed the Toro Groundsmaster mowers. I see a 455D with a 10.5 cut in my price range. Would something like this be a viable option for cutting pasture? I think the max cut height is 5.5 inches which may be a bit short in the spring when I keep the grass higher while the weeds are not a big issue.

I have a 60" front mount Woods mower that I use for trimming against the fence lines and my yard. It is nice to have that front mount rather than to be looking behind all the time so I don't tear things up. The 60" would be hardly adequate for doing the whole job and the cut is too low even at the max settings.

Any comments or other suggestions are always welcome.

/ Toro Groundsmaster for pasture maintenance? #2  
I have about 15 acres of horse pasture that I maintain with a ten foot bush hog type mower. The ground unduates enough that it is hard to keep from scraping the sides of the mowing deck so I am thinking about going to some kind of flex wing mower. I pull the 10' deck with a Mahindra 7520 4x4 which is kind of tough on the ground.

Looking around at various used equipment options, I noticed the Toro Groundsmaster mowers. I see a 455D with a 10.5 cut in my price range. Would something like this be a viable option for cutting pasture? I think the max cut height is 5.5 inches which may be a bit short in the spring when I keep the grass higher while the weeds are not a big issue.

I have a 60" front mount Woods mower that I use for trimming against the fence lines and my yard. It is nice to have that front mount rather than to be looking behind all the time so I don't tear things up. The 60" would be hardly adequate for doing the whole job and the cut is too low even at the max settings.

Any comments or other suggestions are always welcome.
i use a toro 580d 16 ft cut on 25 ACER pasture

/ Toro Groundsmaster for pasture maintenance? #3  
can't offer much help on what you should do but I do own a Grandstand 5900 and I really like it. I had a JD 1600 and the Toro is so much better - in every way including maintenance