Wheel Horse

/ Wheel Horse #1  

Homer Shelton

Tractor
Wheel Horse
Hi: My name is Homer .I am glad to be part of this forum .I have 5 Wheel Horse Garden Tractors all of them are old .I have restored them . and enjoy talking to people who have the same interest .:)

/ Wheel Horse #4  
Hey Homer - welcome.
We have two, both old but run. Main problem we have is the mower decks get pounded a bit. One deck is disassembled, trying to decide whether to use the old spindle casing or try to make a new one. The lip on the blade end on a couple of the casings are worn thin and may no hold the bearings for long. Can't buy new ones as far as I know.

/ Wheel Horse #5  
Hey Homer - I just bought an old Wheel Horse 12. I think it has underwent a motor swap sometime before i got it. It has a Kohler 10 horse on it. I was wondering if you could tell me what size deck would have came on this. It has an original Wheel Horse blade on the front and I am wanting to make it a dual purpose tractor. Also do you have any way to run the numbers and tell me how old it really is?

/ Wheel Horse #6  
go to toros website and run the numbers that will tell you what year it is

/ Wheel Horse #7  
thank you i will do that

/ Wheel Horse #8  
Hi Homer! Any C-125's in that group of five you have? I have a C-125 8 speed that my father bought new in about 1982 or so. Great machine. Wish I had the skill, patience and energy to restore it.. (oh, and a heated garage too lol)

Love the look of the old Wheel Horse tractors. Great machines, built like tanks.

/ Wheel Horse #9  
Hi guys - Welcome Homer !

Some of you may remember that I repowered an 800 Special for a neighbor. The problem is that somewhere back in time someone removed the parking brake assembly and I can't even find any pictures or drawings of what it should look like.
Any suggestions how I can lock the Brake / Clutch lever down so it does not roll when stopped ?
eek.gif

Thanks in advance !