Help swapping engine in 267-H

/ Help swapping engine in 267-H #1  

kempffc

Tractor
1997 Toro Wheelhorse 267-H
Hi
I'm hoping to swap the Kohler CV17s engine in my 1997 267-H with a a B & S Intek 20HP. I'm OK with the mechanics, and it looks like a good fit, but I am having a lot of trouble trying to match up the electrics. B & S isn't offering any wiring diagrams for the engine, and the Kohler wiring diagram has several colors missing on the wires coming from the alternator. I can't even tell if I'll need to use the Kohler regulator which is mounted on the engine case, and I can't find anything similar on the B & S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Help swapping engine in 267-H #2  
Have you tried calling a distributor instead of a dealer? Thats what I had to do for a Vanguard that I put on a Toro 117 Groundsmaster.

/ Help swapping engine in 267-H
No I haven't as yet -is there one you would recommend?

/ Help swapping engine in 267-H #4  
The nearest one to you.

/ Help swapping engine in 267-H #5  
Hi
I'm hoping to swap the Kohler CV17s engine in my 1997 267-H with a a B & S Intek 20HP. I'm OK with the mechanics, and it looks like a good fit, but I am having a lot of trouble trying to match up the electrics. B & S isn't offering any wiring diagrams for the engine, and the Kohler wiring diagram has several colors missing on the wires coming from the alternator. I can't even tell if I'll need to use the Kohler regulator which is mounted on the engine case, and I can't find anything similar on the B & S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently replaced a Kohler CV18 in my 268-H with a B&S Intek 24HP....Do you still need help with this?

All the best.
Neo