520 Wheel Horse not charging

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #1  

mpilihp

Silver Member
Tractor
Pasquali 988
Hello my neighbors 12 yr old son bought a 520 Wheel horse to mow lawns and make money but nfortunatly it is not charging the battery. I checked and the voltage at the battery is not increasing when the engine is running. Im thinking it is either the voltage regulator or the coils.

Does anyone know where the voltage regulator is?

Any idea what typically breaks on this model to cause the battery to not be charged?

Thanks

~ Phil

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #2  
Hello,
I have a manual that may help you out if you still havent solved this problem.
Just email me if you would like it... It covers all 1985-2001 wheel Horse Tractors.

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #3  
I am having the same problem... Can you also e-mail me the manual? Thanks Derek

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #4  
What engine is in that? I have a 25Hp Kohler engine that there was a fuse in. I replaced that and it blew out again. Underneath the flywheel was the alternator charging system. One of the magnets had come off and turned into shrapnel under the flywheel I had to replace the coil and flywheel.

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #5  
ambrod
i have sent you a p.m. about your 520 engine problem.
thank you. boomer ( the used onan engine parts guy )

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #6  
mine is doing the same thing, sometimes it charges and then it will stop or go to like 10 volts.i have changed the part behind the flywheel and it didn't help.

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #7  
I have an electrical manual that covers all Toro WheelHorse models. 1985-2001...
"Toro Wheel Horse Demystification Electical wiring diagrams for all Wheel Horse Tractors.pdf"
For whomever wants it please PM me with your email so I can send it to you. The pdf is 30.5mb large.

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #8  
I think mine is charging because It seems to be keeping my battery charged but the gauge never moves to show what's going on. I'll take you up on your offer and PM you. I have some information on the electrical system but you can never have enough info on one of these machines. Thanks!

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #9  
My 1990 520H is not charging the battery but operates great in all other aspects. The fuses are good that I can locate. The operators manual does show them but is not much help otherwise. Are you able to share the manual ? I am located in eastern OK County. Thanks Dennis

/ 520 Wheel Horse not charging #10  
I have a stuck 20 hp Onan in a 1994 520H. What is a good address to contact you for parts? Thanks Dennis