Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone?

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone? #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Toro Dingo, Gravely Skidster, Kanga Loader, Maximan, Powerhouse, and there was one more compact utility loader like this but I can't remember the brand name....

I'm just curious if anyone has one. They're very mechanically similar to the Power-tracs (motor drives hydraulic pump, which powers hydraulic wheel motors at each wheel...no mechanical transmission).

Dave

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone? #2  
I saw what looked like a very old pre-dingo unit on a trailer behind a landscaper truck today. It had what looked like a 30+ inch auger with it and a bunch of balled and burlapped trees. The auger motor looked brand new, but the auger looked well used, as did the unit.

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone? #3  
Bobcat is making one now it's a MT50.

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone? #4  
I have a landscaper friend who I believe has one. Is there anything specifically that you want to know about them or just curious if we have any owners on TBN? I'd be happy to forward your questions to him.

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone? #5  
I use to but thank goodness for penicillin /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone?
Btw, the one I couldn't remember was "RamRod"...

Dave

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone?
Hey Bmac:

Since the Dingo's are so similar to the Power-trac mechanically/hydraulically, I'm just curious about what type of pumps and wheel motors are used in them. I doubt they use an expensive variable-displacement swash-plate type pump...I'd imagine it's a less-expensive gear-type pump with external valves controlling direction of flow. (Did I say "less expensive"? What am I thinking...these things are like $10K just for the machine with no attachments! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) Also curious about the wheel motors. Yeah, if you don't mind, ask him!

Thx,
Dave

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone? #8  
I'll give him a call. However, I doubt he will be able to answer those kinds of questions. Unlike the PT Mech-Warriors, my guess is that he saw the product, knew it would work for his buisness, bought it and put his crew to work using it. I would bet when he has mechanical problems he takes it to the dealer for repairs. But, hey, I may be wrong so I'll call and ask.

/ Anyone have a Toro Dingo or clone? #9  
Here is my Ramrod.....

stumper067

Attachments

• 593838-picrod0_0018.jpg
    593838-picrod0_0018.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,403