WHEEL HORSE 3-12-8 TRANSMISSION QUESTION

/ WHEEL HORSE 3-12-8 TRANSMISSION QUESTION #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I was at my dealer the other day getting a set of blades for my 37 inch deck and the subject turned to parts.He was telling me that a wheel Horse Transmission for my tractor was $3,500.00 if I ever had need of one.My tractor is a 95 aand I am the orig owner it goes fine but that got me to thinking what if my trans failed is there a cheeper alterative, like is there a person out there that rebuilds these or would you have to buy new ?

/ WHEEL HORSE 3-12-8 TRANSMISSION QUESTION #2  
Don't worry, they are cast iron, heavy duty transaxles, and if it ever need replacement, good used ones can be found almost any day of the week. Lots of guys over on wheelhorseforum rebuild them too.

/ WHEEL HORSE 3-12-8 TRANSMISSION QUESTION
Thanks thats good to know.I like that ole tractor and would like to have a new one some day,...Guess that aint gonna happen.

/ WHEEL HORSE 3-12-8 TRANSMISSION QUESTION #4  
You might try some online parts people.. I have done business with several, most often Lawn Mower Parts. They stock a lot of parts and the last time I looked, did have a tranny for our C-125 eight speed there. I like to check from time to time just in case. I have had no luck finding replacements for the hydro wheel horses, but then I don't have one.