Wheel Horse c-141?

/ Wheel Horse c-141? #1  

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723, Cub Cadet 1864
I'm looking at a 1978 C-141 with a Wheel Horse front end loader, it has ag tires, wheel weights and runs like new. It would replace my Craftsman GT 5000 with a Johnny bucket. I'll be giving up about half the horsepower but I can't get all to the ground anyway. The paint is not great but frankly I won't moving dirt with the paint job. Anyone with experience or knowledge of this combo? Any info that would help make up my mind.

/ Wheel Horse c-141? #2  
Great tractor and parts are easy to find.Whats he asking for it?

/ Wheel Horse c-141?
I can buy it or $1300, maybe a buck less. I plan to go test it in day or two.

/ Wheel Horse c-141? #4  
Doesn't sound too bad if it's not all beat up.Good liuck

/ Wheel Horse c-141? #5  
Sounds interesting. Your gonna need to add a lot of weight to the rear to make use of that loader. Post some pic's if you buy it.

/ Wheel Horse c-141?
It has liquid in 26" ag tires, 100lb wheel weights and a box with 170 lbs in it on the rear. I'll post oics if I get it.

/ Wheel Horse c-141?
Didn't get it, someone beat me to it, going to look at a sub compact Yanmar with loader Wednesday.

/ Wheel Horse c-141? #8  
Well that's probably for the good then.The Yanmar is 3 times the machine.When you were looking at a 1300 dollar tractor the wheel horse would of been good but if you can swing the extra money the yanmar's are nice.

/ Wheel Horse c-141? #10  
when looking for a wheel horse or other older equipment, stay away from the K-Series 14 hp cast iron or the KT Series14 hp
aka: 2 piece aluminum engine block engines, as the 14 hp cast iron was a rare engineering failure for Kohler. The 14 hp KT Series Kohler engines were installed on wheel horse for 1 model year and parts are not available. The 14 hp K Series was just a 12 hp, which was over bored and was notorious for knocking connecting rod. The modern Kohler 14 hp, single cylinder, aluminum block is a great engine and was used on C series Classic wheel horse from 1990's on.