Toro with 16 hp vanguard dies suddenly

/ Toro with 16 hp vanguard dies suddenly #1  

brushpyle

I have an older model toro 3050 greensmaster. The motor is a vanguard 16 horse. The mower will start and run fine for about 10 mins then sputters a bit and dies when under a load. It will restart sometimes right away and other times you have to crank it a while. Using the choke does not effect it's restarting. I have checked the solenoid at the base of the carb and it seems to be working fine. I even by passed it. I found a cracked line coming from the valve cover and replaced it with new. I have replaced the plugs and installed a new fuel pump. Still does the same thing. I even tried it without the gas cap on. Any ideas on something I'm missing. safety switches appear to be in working order as well. Thanks

/ Toro with 16 hp vanguard dies suddenly #2  
Have you checked it for spark when it dies?

/ Toro with 16 hp vanguard dies suddenly
Don't have anything other than pulling a plug wire. Narrow it down to ignition or fuel. I'm on it first thing in the A.M. Thank you. Will report back

/ Toro with 16 hp vanguard dies suddenly #4  
When it dies stick a screwdriver in the plug wire and hold the plastic handle and hold the screwdriver close to the engine and watch for spark to jump.

/ Toro with 16 hp vanguard dies suddenly
Thanks guys. I have it running like a champ. The guys check the gas with a stick. Over the years I found a bark buildup in tho pitot. Thank you. Rod