SMS-425 Sickle mower Parts. Where to find???

/ SMS-425 Sickle mower Parts. Where to find??? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Trying to rebuild the wobble box on grandmas old wheelhorse.

Its a SMS-425 mower. I need some internals of the wobble box. Having a hard time finding parts. I found some exploded diagrams of it on toro's website, but the PN's are 4-digit and googling turns up nothing.

Any good sources for parts??

/ SMS-425 Sickle mower Parts. Where to find??? #2  
Have you tried an actual Toro Wheel Horse dealer..?? We have a great one, Ditmar's in Lancaster, OH. Don't have the number handy, but if you call, ask for Bob Gaskill, he knows his stuff..!! If he doesn't have it, he'll probably tell you where to get it. They have a good stock of parts onhand. I've never went in, where they didn't have parts for my '88 models, and even went in for an air filter for my '55 model David Bradley 2-wheeler. Less then a minute, he laid it on the counter.

/ SMS-425 Sickle mower Parts. Where to find???
I forgot to update the thread mur:

I called a few toro dealers, and all the parts were discontinued except the common bearings, bushings, and seals.

I had one bearing on hand (6203 IIRC), the seals I got from napa by size, The bushings I had as well. They were all standard dimension stuff, no machining required.

What I was really after was the "output" shaft for lack of better terms. It was broke and had been broke and welded in the past. I would have liked to just replace it, but I ground it down and re-welded. Hopefully nothing else ever breaks, cause there are some parts in there that would take awhile to machine....

/ SMS-425 Sickle mower Parts. Where to find??? #4  
Here's another avenue to try. Those were made by Haban, and for several different brands of garden tractors. Wheel Horse, Bolens, etc. Here is a link to the Red Square Wheel Horse forum. Might be worth joining up, and see about some NOS parts. You know there are some out there floating around somewhere. Just a thought...

/ SMS-425 Sickle mower Parts. Where to find??? #5  
By the way, I got this great idea to find one of those mowers the other day to trim under my pasture fence, until I found one online for sale through a classified ad. Price was $1250.00. Maybe I'll adapt one of my old DB front mounts this winter as a project.