Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & models

/ Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & models #11  
Re: Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & mod

Hi .im new here....i also have a 25 year old 310-8.the transaxle just broke a shaft inside and local dealer says that they don't make that part anymore.I hate give up on the old lady..she has been a real work horse.Does any one know where I can get the part or another trany. I use this old girl with my 40" snowblower too.She really throws the snow...i need that in Troy NY

/ Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & models #12  
Re: Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & mod

Your 310-8 is worth fixing. Just as others have said, go to RedSquare (google it) and ask around and check the classifieds there. Around Troy NY you will find a number of folks buying and selling WH parts. I'd check Craigslist. Better yet, buy another WH and keep the 310 for parts.
Jeff

/ Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & models #13  

Your transmission can definitely be saved. If you go to the Wheel Horse forum there's a ton of info about working on them. Several great videos too. The last buyout of Wheel Horse was by Toro. They continued to make the 'true' Wheel Horse until 2007. Basically it came down to $$$. They were just too expensive to build and people just went to the big box stores. A good number of new parts are still available and a ton of fine used parts are out there. The transmissions are really very simple. If you can turn a wrench in the proper direction you can fix it. Your 310-8 is a great machine and you'll benefit by saving it.:thumbsup:

/ Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & models #14  

I am look for gears for my transmission in the differ part no 2435 where can I find this part

/ Wheel Horse Garden Tractor 310-8: transmission quit: qulaity replace brands & models #15  

I'm not seeing this part #. Can you post a picture? It's possible Toro still has them but once we determine what it is I'm sure you could find a good used one a lit cheaper.