wheel horse 520 h not starting

/ wheel horse 520 h not starting #1  

josephinegail

Tractor
wheel horse 520 H
My wheel horse 520 h 1988 or 1989 model ,im not sure of the year because engine tag is unreadable,wont start,first I need to know what sizes are the fuses supposed to be on this ? is it 15-25-10 or is it 15-25-30 amp fuses because some one before I got it did some rewiring,it turns over but will not start,except one time it started and just went put put put and died,gas tank is clean with fresh gas and yes its getting gas,no plugged airways that I can tell including muffler,it has good spark,i changed oil and filter,seat was wired direct,i put in new switch, one wire was missing so im guessing it went on the left side to that switch under the panel for pto or whatever that switch is,i replaced the switch for the pto under the hood by the battery case,i put a new ignition switch in,can anyone give me some advise on what to do next or if the seat wire that was missing would go to that switch on that side under the plate by the brake.it was missing one connection there so im just guessing that it went there at this point.it has the 20 hp onan engine,also I put new plugs in it,old ones were real nasty and when I drained the oil ,first thing that came out was about 2 tablespoons water,after changing oil I also added sea foam to the gas and a small amount to the oil,i cleaned all wiring except for inside of the fuse box.any ideas ?

/ wheel horse 520 h not starting #2  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Toro/Wheel Horse forum. :)

/ wheel horse 520 h not starting #3  
There should be a sticker on the fender under the seat with the ID number of the tractor. From this, you get the year, not the engine tag. Insert the ID number in the model number box here https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/server.pt/community/product_center/225 to see what manuals are available.

There are other places to find manuals and wiring diagrams. One is https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wheelhorsetractormanuals/info but since yahoo has "improved", getting it to work is a hit and miss affair.

One of the problems with those Onan's, the only engine available on the 520, is the intake valve seat in the rear cylinder comes loose, or the valve itself burns. The leakback into the intake system raises all kinds of heck and masquerades as other problems.

/ wheel horse 520 h not starting
I found the problem,it was a sheared flywheel key,but thanks for your help anyway