Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D

/ Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D #1  

Tacosteelersman1

Tractor
3 Cub cadet originals. Soon to be a John Deere 855
I got a great price on a old groundsmaster 317D basket case with a rusty 72 inch deck. I am having a hard time finding any information on this model, I'm guessing it is a rare breed. It has just under 700 hours on the, believed to be Mitsubishi 2 cylinder diesel engine. It will turn over and I had black smoke coming out the exhaust but it has not run for me yet. Any and all information on this model or a model it interchanges with would be great. Thanks.

/ Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D #2  
   / Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D
Thanks for the leads. That 300 series manual don't go back into the 80s. The machines in that book look quite a bit different than this beater machine. I will try to find some numbers on it and try the toro support line you posted for me.

/ Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D #4  
Thanks for the leads. That 300 series manual don't go back into the 80s. The machines in that book look quite a bit different than this beater machine. I will try to find some numbers on it and try the toro support line you posted for me.
I found the manual for an older Toro Workman that I bought on there. Made the guy I sold it to very happy to have a full set of manuals for it...

Aaron Z

I don't have the machine here with me so I will have to wait untill I get a chance to get the numbers off of it.

Last edited:
   / Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D #6  
317 is the series number. There will be a 5 digit model number on the serial number plate. Enter the model number on the support link that Aaron posted.

My Groundsmaster 322D is 30788, the 4WD 325D is model 30795.
P9050006.JPG PB060002.JPG

Thanks Xfaxman, what you have done with your groundsmaster is awsome. Amazing fabrication and planning.

/ Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D #8  
I've got 220D and complete shop manuals and parts numbers.
I doubt much if any can help but let me know and I'll figure some way to scan and send whatever you can use.

Thanks rsallen. I will get the model code and try to get as much info on this beast as I can. I may take you up on that offer.

/ Looking for any information on a groundsmaster 317 D #10  
Thanks Xfaxman, what you have done with your groundsmaster is awsome. Amazing fabrication and planning.
Thank you, it has been a very useful machine.

This is where the serial number is on the 322/325.
P9060024sn.jpg