Need input on the 523Dxi ?

/ Need input on the 523Dxi ? #1  

Tollster

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, BX23
Neighbor is cleaning out his dads house and offered me his Toro wheelhorse. I don't know much about them, but know it has low hours, and his brother once put gas in it. I was there when we fired it up and put it on the shops truck for consignment, but its not selling, and he asked me if I would like it. I told him I would think about it and let the weather break some.

I have a 518H with the onan now, had it for 23 years and its showing some wear, and now mostly only use it with the wheelhorse two stage snow blower. I am not sure it my 1996 blower would mount to DXI or not, but if it did, that would be a real perk.

hoping someone here can tell me a little bit about it. No loader, just the deck and tractor..
Thanks

Last edited:
   / Need input on the 523Dxi ? #2  
Don't know if you pulled the trigger on the Dxi yet, but I am pretty sure they attachments are not (easily) interchangeable.
It is my understanding that when toro dropped the iconic red box design, they dropped a lot of the classic Wheel Horse features as well, but if there is a will there's a way right?

/ Need input on the 523Dxi ? #4  
Desirable machine although most vintage attachments wont fit and the right ones are semi rare from what I hear. Beast of a machine though comparable to say a JD455. Benton ,,,, over in the Bendertown/Jonestown area myself.