Toro 824 Snowblower Slightly Modified.

/ Toro 824 Snowblower Slightly Modified. #1  

kdlklm

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1830
I acquired a Toro 24 inch snowblower with a blown engine. I happen to have one sitting around that was slightly larger than the 8.5 horsepower that was on it previously. It's a 13 horsepower Kawasaki. It weighs probably 100 + pounds more than the previous engine and more than twice the size. The original pulley wouldn't fit the new motor, and I didn't feel like running around finding one the same size, so it's a little bigger. Increasing the gear ratio by almost double. It will throw some snow about 60 feet. The muffler is also blown out. So it's a little bit loud. The extra weight is really nice for heavy snow. It just walk straight through it and fast. It's also the only snowblower I have seen with a battery. Which is nice now that I blow all the neighbors yards out to. I get quite the reactions, so I thought I would share this with you.

Attachments

• 389446-Blower.jpg
    389446-Blower.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,577
   / Toro 824 Snowblower Slightly Modified.
before

Attachments

• 389449-Blower_before.jpg
    389449-Blower_before.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,156
   / Toro 824 Snowblower Slightly Modified. #3  
Can you say aarrhh!aarrhh! What a unit? this would make tim the toolman taylor envious!!! 60 feet huh? watch-out for rocks you may end up buying a windsheild or two??

Hey wait till the snowplows are coming by to block your driveway(again) and blow it back all over their trucks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif(sweet )

/ Toro 824 Snowblower Slightly Modified.
another

Attachments

• 390162-DCP_0002.jpg
    390162-DCP_0002.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,014
   / Toro 824 Snowblower Slightly Modified. #5  
Impressive looking machine, I've got a Craftsman 5 hp 24 inch dual stage blower that could use a few more hp, I will keep your idea in mind. Question, did you get the idea for the engine swap after watching the movie "Lawnmower Man"...?

/ Toro 824 Snowblower Slightly Modified. #6  
Not sure how I came across this but that is the way to upgrade !! Push button start and weight on the front and over the wheels !!