several brands
and it was a BIG hit! Lots of folks looked, and said how much they liked it,

standard.jpg

anyway, it's geared up a bit, so it goes pretty fast in high range,

standard.jpg

It was pretty tiny compared to this Avery though, lol

standard.jpg

orig.gif
AND the Avery can pull a 12 bottom plow!

standard.jpg

I could probably give this train a good race though! :thumbsup:

standard.jpg

Anyway, I stayed four days at the show and it was fun driving the WH around and making new friends!

SR

/ Took One Of My Wheel Horses To A Tractor Show #2  
I can easily understand how you were a big hit. How long have you had Wheel Horse and how did you get it?

/ Took One Of My Wheel Horses To A Tractor Show #3  
Way Cool! Need technical details.
Richard

/ Took One Of My Wheel Horses To A Tractor Show
I have more than one WH tractor... The story on THIS WH tractor is, one of my best friends (Jim) had a heart condition, but he really liked to deer hunt, thing is, Jim lived about three miles from his family's farm where he hunted. He had a three wheeler and he would drive it down the gravel road he lived on, to get to his deer hunting spot, as he no longer could walk to his spot.

Anyway, one day while on the way to his spot, a game warden stopped him and refused to let him drive his three wheeler any further, without issuing him a $150.00 a ticket, as NO ATV's were allowed on public roads! He wouldn't even let him drive the last half mile, to the farm! He had to push it off the road and call for help!

When Jim got the three wheeler back home, he sold it within a week and started building a "tractor", to drive to his spot, as we live in a farming community and NO ONE bothers tractors driving on the road! He built it out of what he had in his "parts department" (junk) and came up with the tractor in the picts... He never got stopped again!! lol

Anyway, Jim passed away, in need a heard transplant, not having the money/insurance for one. (250K)

His kids kept his tractor in Jims pole barn for several years, (kids kept his place) and when ever I saw one of his boys, I would tell him, I would like to have his dad's WH, in memory of his dad, as I said, he was one of my two best friends... His boy would always tell me, they were still using it and they didn't want to sell it.

After a few years, that son showed up at my door and offered it to me, and I bought it on the spot!

I've had it a few years now, and I haven't used it all that much, but I'm thinking I will make a few changes to it, in time...but still in keeping with Jims theme...

Jim took the back tires and put them on the front, and found some bigger tires, for the back. He raised the seat (making a better seat) and put a hidden storage compartment under it to store survival items and emergence tools ect.. He geared it up for road travel and put a basket on the back with a SMV sign on it, also for road travel.

He also had a basket on the hood, but his kids took that off. They also removed the holster and revolver he had hid on it! lol

So, that's the story on "Jims" Wheel Horse... Thanks for viewing...

SR

/ Took One Of My Wheel Horses To A Tractor Show #5  
Nice. Love the story behind the tractor and that show must have been very interesting to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

/ Took One Of My Wheel Horses To A Tractor Show #6  
Now that's what I call relaxing,thanks for sharing pics. ;)

/ Took One Of My Wheel Horses To A Tractor Show #7  
Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Richard