Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine #1  

400park

Tractor
Kabota
I have a 2002 toro with a Kubota engine. I can't get it to start. I have fuel to the injector pump but no fuel to the injectors. I thought it was the stop solenoid, ordered a new one, not that. I have power to the solenoid but by holding it and turning key on it does not activate that being true for both new and old solenoid. I did not have it grounded, not certain if that makes a difference or not black and white wires going to solenoid. I don't have a good idea of exactly how the stop solenoid works, meaning that when the plunger is out what is it activating. Sticking my finger inside the hole for the solenoid, I feel a small verticle spring loaded lever. I can push this in and has resistance and springs back. I feel nothing else. I did try to crank the engine with the nuts off the injectors and push the lever and released still no fuel. I suspect it's the injector pump but at this point and I feel I probably wasted $275.00 for a new solenoid, I either take it some place or get some good input. So if anybody has any ideas, other than taking it someplace, please let me know.

Thanks

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine #2  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Toro section to see if someone over there has some ideas.

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine #3  
The solenoid pushs on the spring loaded rack to shut the fuel off.. That fuel system is VERY HARD to bleed the air out of.
Loosen all the lines at the injector and crank the engine till fuel squirts out.. Crank the engine in spurts.. 10 seconds, rest, 10 seconds, rest,, you don't want to burn up the starter..
Its possible the pumping plungers/tappets in the injection pump are stuck in the UP position & not pumping fuel..
The pump is easily removed.. Just remove the sh-off solenoid first..

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine #4  
What series is it? I have a 328D, model 30627, that uses a 3 cylinder Kubota D1105-EU2 engine, but no experience with the solenoid.

P5160005.JPG

P5160008.JPG

P5160011.JPG

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine
The solenoid pushs on the spring loaded rack to shut the fuel off.. That fuel system is VERY HARD to bleed the air out of.
Loosen all the lines at the injector and crank the engine till fuel squirts out.. Crank the engine in spurts.. 10 seconds, rest, 10 seconds, rest,, you don't want to burn up the starter..
Its possible the pumping plungers/tappets in the injection pump are stuck in the UP position & not pumping fuel..
The pump is easily removed.. Just remove the sh-off solenoid first..

When this first started I had no problems bleeding the system. The problem started at the end of the season last fall. My plan was to work on it over the winter but that did not happen. I thought I had a safety switch issue but I found that it was not getting fuel. I bleed the system, no problems started right up. I had someone take it and put fuel in and he had enough sense to not shut it off. Brought it back to grease the mower deck,wouldn't start. I have tried everything as far as bleeding it and just will not pump fuel. If it's the pump as you suggest what am I getting into as far as fixing it? Thanks so much for your response.
Jim

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine #6  
Can you snap some pic of the engine & fuel system?? & I'll walk you thru it..

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine #7  
Jim, check your home email..

/ Toro mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine
I certainly can do that. Im assuming I upload through the forum, I'll figure it out. I'm brand new to this. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.
Jim