Old Toro Something

/ Old Toro Something #1  

craig6000

I now have a Toro tractor. The serial/model number is 37025-10357. This is a four cylinder inline tractor engine with dual rear tires and a car size rear axle. It has at least four hydraulic load lifting arms , two per side, and one rear lift. I was told it was for moving round bales. What is this and where can I find out more about it? I hate to leave it to rust away.

/ Old Toro Something #2  
How did you come about this tractor? Do you have any idea how old it is? Any attachments? Does it run... or how long has it been since it ran?

/ Old Toro Something #3  
Without seeing it I would bet it is a golf course tractor. The side lifting arms were used for s side mounted sickle bar mower and it was used to tow a set of gang reel mowers. The one I have is a bit newer, it uses a 6 cylinder flat head Ford truck engine, a 4 speed truck gear box driving a gear reduction box at the input to the rear end. Top speed in 4th is about 40 mph. Low will just creep along. Mine also has about a 1 yard manual dump body on the back. If you get hold of Toro and find the right person they still have some literature which they sent to me for free.

Good Luck

Dave

/ Old Toro Something #4  
My husband must have got the same tractor yesterday since the serial number is 37025-10137. We would like to find out a year and model number for it. It does run.

/ Old Toro Something #5  
Sounds like a Toro Golf Tractor. I have seen a few of them over the years. Interesting looking machines. I think they made them from about mid 1920's up to somewhere around 1960. If you do a search for it there is lots of results.