Cubb Cadet ZForce or Toro Z553

/ Cubb Cadet ZForce or Toro Z553 #1  

Confuuscious

Tractor
John Deere Gt 325
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI am stumped. Im not sure if I want to get the CC ZForce 50 or the 60 Inch Z553 Turbo Force Model 74244, they both have V-twin Kohler Engines. I see where Toro has some additional things over CC. I have almost 5 acres and I cut almost another 9 Acres. the majority of it is flat, bumpy in a few spots. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I know the CC is $3,999 I have been offered the Toro for less that $7,000. I have been eyeing the CC M60 Tank, however that is $8,000. I can't justify paying that much. Now that I have offered Toro, Im afraid to pass this up, however I know nothing about Toro Mowers. I have a Gt 325 JD now but I want a ZTR. anyone have any info............

/ Cubb Cadet ZForce or Toro Z553 #2  
The two mowers you have mentioned are very different.

IMO the CC-Zforce50 would barely be adequate for your almost 5 acres ,and when the thrill wears off it will be a chore especially if the machine starts giving you trouble. You can forget about cutting the other 9 acres...

Now if it is between the CC & the Toro , Go with the Toro , It is much more machine and should handle your 5 plus the 9 you mentioned. It appears to almost be an entry level commercial wanna-be

Now I have a question for you.. If you are thinking of spending almost $7K ... Do you have any of these dealers near you ?
A. Hustler , Fast track less than $5K or hustler Z $?
B. Lesco Z two 60" $6300 25hp kawasaki(same as M60 tank) also 60" 28hp generac $5399 both commercial units
C. Gravely 152Z or 160Z good equipment as good as the toro or better for the same price ...

There are a bunch more machines out there that are used much more commercially but these are the ones that I can think of that are around $7K or less... Good Luck Now go spend some money!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Once again this is IMO /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cubb Cadet ZForce or Toro Z553 #3  
I agree with Nasty135. You need a commercial machine. Along with the units he mentioned, I would also look at ExMark, GrassHopper, and Dixie Choppers.

/ Cubb Cadet ZForce or Toro Z553 #4  
I agree, if you are spending that kind of money ($7,000), you should look at a few more machines. I would suggest one of the Hustler models, based on build, warranty. And for the amount of mowing that you will be doing, you will want more mower, not less.