Toro 520 xi attachments

/ Toro 520 xi attachments #1  

GMguy

Quick question about the compatibility of older wheelhorse attachments. Specifically will a Wheelhorse front blade and rear tine tiller from a Wheelhorse 416 fit my Toro 520 xi?

thanks
Jeff

/ Toro 520 xi attachments #2  
GMguy,

The answer is no. The wheel base is longer on the xi series versus the older 300, 400 and 500 series gt's. I own a 2004 520xi. I traded in a 1998 314-8 towards the 520xi purchase. My 314-8's front blade was to short to fit up properly to the 520xi, and the snow blower has a different pto pulley setup between the two models.

The same attachments do interchange though between the older 300, 400 and 500 series gt's. I'm not sure if an older model rear clevis hitch will interchange with the 520xi???

/ Toro 520 xi attachments #3  
GMguy,

I'm not sure about the rear mount tiller??? The tiller mounts to the rear axle attach-a-matic hitch. The same location that the rear cross bar of the front blade connects to. The 416's rear tiller pto belt runs up to the engine's horizontal pto pulley with an idler pulley inbetween. The 520xi's pto pulley is located on the front of the engine, the same one the mower deck uses. You might be able to use the 416 tiller, but you might have to buy a different set of idler pulleys. I don't know if the 416 and 520xi idler pulleys interchange. You might have to ask a Toro WH dealer about this.

/ Toro 520 xi attachments
Arthurb

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll pass on this stuff.