Trailer Suggestions Needed

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I am considering trading my Kubota BX for a B3030, (weight with no attachments 1900 lb., but may need to occasionally tow it with 1 attachment to shop: either BH, FEL, or MMM). Our tow vehicle receiver is rated at 3500 lb. I am looking for a tilt bed trailer rated at 3500 lb. gvw, but want the lightest weight trailer available at this rating so that I can get the max tractor weight on the trailer. Single axle would be o.k. as it's 18 mi. to the dealer svc. shop on straight, level, quiet rural roads and I never exceed 35 mph while en route. Elec. brakes preferred. Any suggestions on models fitting these criteria are appreciated. Links very appreciated.

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #2  
What is your tow vehicle? Most single axle trailers I've seen aren't tilt beds. They are the little trailers that lawn services use. Good luck.

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed
The tow vehicle is a Toyota Sienna. The vehicle frame and the Class III receiver hitch are rated at 3500 lb. I have a single axle SnowBear tilt bed trailer now, but it is 2200 GVWR and the trailer itself is about 500 lb., no brakes, so that gives me about 1700 lb for the tractor. I use it to tow the BX2200, which is about 1500 lb. If I trade up to the B3030, I'll need to have a trailer with 3500 GVWR, but as low weight as possible on the trailer itself. Also, since I want a backhoe, I have to think about a low angle of departure, which the tilt bed should help afford.

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #4  
I think if your going to get a 3030 and a BH you will need about a 16' double axle trailer. You can get an aluminum lightweight trailer that will haul your tractor and BH and still be in your weight rating.

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #6  
Tom_H said:
The U612 series on this page looks like it comes closest to meeting my needs:

Load Rite » Heavy Duty Series
The max load is 2600. The trailer weights 900, less about 300 for the two axles. Now you're down to a 2000 load. Tractor, implements, and fuel and what-nots... probably around 2000 + / -.

Go find a common double axle (of 3500 each axle) utility trailer, bring it home and it's a done deal. Brakes are your choice. Most states do not require brakes for less than 3000, but brakes are always a good thAng.

Brakes also require a brake controller (unless it's a surge set-up).

These folks always supply new tires with their units, load range C, specialty trailer tires.
Trailers and More, trailers made by D2E Mgf.

I haul a B7800, fuel, MMM, other what-nots with above recommended trailer, never give it a second thought.

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #7  
The U612-3501 capacity is 2600 minus the 900 the trailer weighs brings you down to a 1700 capacity. As Crbr says, find yourself a good double axle 7K trailer and don't skimp on safely hauling the load you have to haul.

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #8  
I have a B3030 with Woods BH80X and Kubota FEL. When the dealer Delivered my tractor, he had it on a 17 foot trailer. It fit, but with the backhoe angled to one side. I too am looking at a trailer. If you have the $$ and dont mind spending money, I dont think you can go wrong with a Featherlite. The Aluminum 3110 car hauler is what I am considering. Two 3500 axles and a Bi-Fold ramp gate.

Featherlite Trailers - Car - Bumper Pull - Custom Enclosed Models - Model 3110

Good luck

Steve

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #9  
George2615 said:
The U612-3501 capacity is 2600 minus the 900 the trailer weighs brings you down to a 1700 capacity. As Crbr says, find yourself a good double axle 7K trailer and don't skimp on safely hauling the load you have to haul.

It says capacity is 2600, which probably means you can load 2600 lbs on it. 2600+ the 900 lb trailer weight = 3500 lb axle rating.

My 20' double axle has 2 5k axles, rated at 10k GVWR, trailer weights 2400 lbs and it clearly states 7600 lb capacity on the label along with the GVWR and trailer weight.

I still don't think I'd haul a b3030 with BH attached on a single axle utility trailer though.

/ Trailer Suggestions Needed #10  
Guys, the original poster stated he can only tow 3500#. His tow vehicle is only rated to pull that much.

I don't think you can get a B3030 with FEL, loaded tires and a backhoe on a trailer - and keep the GROSS weight down to 3500 or less. I added the loaded tires as the bh will be crippled without the added weight.

Weight estimates;
1900# for the tractor
500# for filled tires
750# for the loader, QD and bucket
750# for the BH and bucket

Total is 3900 for the tractor, FEL and BH. That gives you a weight budget of -400# for the trailer. I know aluminum is light, but ...

jb