Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,121  
I agree with you Dmace. I had a float with a pintle hitch and I did not like the way it would shift aroung when turning corners. I much prefer the firmer connection of a ball and I don't find it takes me any longer to align it then it did with the pintle hitch.

Lauren

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,122  
Get a backup camera and hitching up is no longer trial and error. It's the best. I can back up and see the hitch as it lines up over the top of the ball.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,123  
Heres mine pulling the 304. Looking at a new trailer.

Attachments

• Clinton 031.jpg
    Clinton 031.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 782
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,124  
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,125  
I agree with you Dmace. I had a float with a pintle hitch and I did not like the way it would shift aroung when turning corners. I much prefer the firmer connection of a ball and I don't find it takes me any longer to align it then it did with the pintle hitch.

Lauren

I am with you. I have pulled 100's of trailers and by far my least favorite has been the pintle hitch ones. I also am not a real fan of 5th wheels or GN stuff either and I know that puts me in the minority but I just dont like losing my bed and the ability to pull with a SUV.

If I were to ever get a 5th wheel camper the first thing I would do is convert it to a GN. I hate the big 5th wheel hitch. Too bulky and heavy.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,127  

Lauren

I've never had a problem with them flopping around like that with the receiver style I use unless I make a really hard turn which isn't very often. And ya have to be going slow anyway when making that hard of turn. If you have a smaller 10,000lb ring that can make it move a little more and those hitches that double as a ball mount allow them to move around a lot... I don't use them!

Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,129  
I finally went and bought a new trailer today! I went with a Lawrimore 83" x 20'. It's built out of 6" channel, two 5000lb brake axles, wood floor with an adjustable pintle hitch. So far I love it! The only problem is with the weight properly balanced when the BH is behind the tractor the tailwheel hangs off, but that's no biggie. My next truck will be heaver than the one I have now and I won't have to worry about the hitch weight. I'll be able to park the tractor a couple of feet forward on the trailer... I'm a very happy man!!!

IMAG0140.jpg

Nice looking trailer, definately looks to be well built.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,130  
Why wouldn't it? :confused:

Well here is some more confusion for you...
The "Cicero" quote in your signature is bogus. Check it out via any of the debunking sites like Snopes. Cicero is one of the most studied of Roman orators/writers. If there is no recorded reference as what you show it is unlikely to be true.

In a letter to The Chicago Tribune (20 April 1971), John H. Collins, Professor of History at Northern Illinois University, reported that the following attribution to Cicero,

Quote:
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. The mobs should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence.Close quote.

actually originated in A Pillar of Iron (1965), Taylor Caldwell's fictionalized account of the life of the senator. (In fact, Collins noted that it was on page 483 of the edition he had in hand.)

Collins held that the alleged quotation "is totally without documentation," and that "the great bulk of [Caldwell's] quotations are false." He further observed that "[a] historical novelist has a perfect right to put invented conversations and anecdotes into a novel, but should not represent these inventions as authentic history."

I love the quote but it just wasn't by Cicero nor was it from that era. One tipoff was the part in your version referring to foreign aid. Find a verifiable account of Rome offering foreign aid. Not likely.

I just totally agree with the bogus quote's sentiment but unfortunately it is fiction.

Pat