Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,131  
Thanks, I love the truck and with the blue max tuner the 6.4 is a beast. 130k miles and no problems. Getting a quote now on a new trailer from local builder, clay trailers. 14K GN 25', 84" deck, diamond plate fenders, leds, 2' dovetail, and chain box. I think his trailers are on par with any built. Let you guys know what the final damage is.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,132  
So much easier to connect, the latch flips up so you can just back up until you fill the them bump together when working solo instead of the back up look, back up look, back up look, scenario.

I got brave and bought one of those things from Harbor freight that guides your coupler over the ball. It didn't cost much so I thought I'd give it a whorl, cheaper than a back up camera.

Works great and goes on and off really easy and fast. For me the only downside is that one of the 4 pieces of metal that comprise the system is attached between the ball and draw bar. Fine for any one ball but I have 3 hitch sizes in common usage. I put it on the most frequently used.

When backing up you don't need to be dead on, just within 6 inches or so and everything just lines up perfectly. Back up till I feel resistance, get out, and crank 'er down. Works great. So one of my little projects is to cut out some more of the bottom pieces with my plasma cutter so all my ball hitches can use the system. The removable parts are on for hitch up and off for driving as it would limit your jack knife angle for backing up sharply too much if left on all the time. It goes on and off in just a few seconds and saves me lots of hassle. It is good heavy steel plate.

Pat

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,133  
Here I am today loaded with my Jinma 284, 6' Ford BH, and 7' Woods Grader Blade all on my 18'x 82" trailer behind my Nissan Titan.

Tractor is 3003#
Plus loaded rears, rear cast weight at 150#, and 4 35# suitcase weights along with the FEL puts it at 4,600#

The grader is about 300#

The BH is about 600#

Total load is about 5,500# plus the empty trailer at 1,250# puts me at about 6,750# on my 7,000# trailer.

Drove 140 miles round trip and averaged 12.7 mpg. This Titan ain't no joke. Ran 67 mph at 1,800 rpm on the highway.

I hand calculated with some other driving at 13.15 mpg.

Chris

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120320_145418.png
    ForumRunner_20120320_145418.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 482
  • ForumRunner_20120320_145429.png
    ForumRunner_20120320_145429.png
    473.3 KB · Views: 872
Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,134  
Nice looking trailer, definately looks to be well built.

I really like it, Lawrimore builds them and will sale to the public, I got it at a surprisingly low price. There was another trailer company 500' down the road (Lone Wolf), I liked their trailers too, they had a few features I liked better than the one I bought but the Lawrimore came with a spare tire and a brake-away box standard.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,135  
I really like it, Lawrimore builds them and will sale to the public, I got it at a surprisingly low price. There was another trailer company 500' down the road (Lone Wolf), I liked their trailers too, they had a few features I liked better than the one I bought but the Lawrimore came with a spare tire and a brake-away box standard.

Never heard of a Lawrimore brand trailer before but it's a nice looking trailer and seems to be well made. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

It's hard to really appreciate a nice trailer until you have one. Then you wouldnt trade it for anything.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,136  
So much easier to connect, the latch flips up so you can just back up until you fill the them bump together when working solo instead of the back up look, back up look, back up look, scenario. They have heavier latch mechanisms, some latches on ball couplers are down right finger pincers and can get cumbersome to use after they get some age and rust on them. Their just easier, heavier and I trust them more.

Plus I don't want to invest in a weight distributing hitch when I plan on having a heavier truck within the year. We'll see though, the one I have now is payed for and I really don't want another payment.

I am with you on the pintle hitch 100%.

You did not mention that most people that want to borrow your trailer won't ask to borrow your truck to pull it. :D

I see your receiver like mine sticks out in back a ways. I shortened mine and drilled another hole. This places the tongue weight closer to the load bearing area of the truck, i.e. rear wheels.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,137  
Here I am today loaded with my Jinma 284, 6' Ford BH, and 7' Woods Grader Blade all on my 18'x 82" trailer behind my Nissan Titan.

Tractor is 3003#
Plus loaded rears, rear cast weight at 150#, and 4 35# suitcase weights along with the FEL puts it at 4,600#

The grader is about 300#

The BH is about 600#

Total load is about 5,500# plus the empty trailer at 1,250# puts me at about 6,750# on my 7,000# trailer.

Drove 140 miles round trip and averaged 12.7 mpg. This Titan ain't no joke. Ran 67 mph at 1,800 rpm on the highway.

I hand calculated with some other driving at 13.15 mpg.

Chris

Nice load. Where's the backhoe in the photo?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,138  
flusher said:
Nice load. Where's the backhoe in the photo?

No backhoe. BH was my 6' Ford bush hog.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,139  
MuleMn said:
I am with you on the pintle hitch 100%.

You did not mention that most people that want to borrow your trailer won't ask to borrow your truck to pull it. :D

I see your receiver like mine sticks out in back a ways. I shortened mine and drilled another hole. This places the tongue weight closer to the load bearing area of the truck, i.e. rear wheels.

Yeah I want to shorten the receiver. You kind of touched on one more reason I like the pintle hitch with the whole borrowing thing. Most trailer thieves don't have a pintle receiver and won't spend the money to steal one trailer. So I feel a little safer having it on there, no long term borrowing!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,140  
I know this has been posted in the past but I felt it was time to revisit.
Lets see your towing rigs.(truck,trailer,tractor) the more pics the better.I know I never get tired of the pics you guys post.

Matt T.:D

I think it's time this thread could use some more pics :D

Here is my setup. I want to sell this trailer and buy a 24' gooseneck for my next one. It's getting a little "crowded" when I want to bring multiple implements.

i-ZzHmvVb-M.jpg

i-fNN9ZQW-M.jpg

1 002.jpg

1 004.jpg

1 006.jpg

Last edited: