Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113120121122123124125126133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1642
    Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

Default Re: Your towing rigs and trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Dmace View Post
    Very nice, good to see a stick shift still used as a truck. Pretty low trailer, must be easy to load.
    Not to bad to load, tractor wise. Not so good for low slung cars, easy to load but can't get the door opened with the side rails, crawling out the drivers window is not that much fun...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MWFD, Kubota L3400 HST

Quote Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
    You can if your skidsteer trailer has a high enough GVWR to make your GCWR over 26k.

PA has both CDL & NCDL class A's.

PennDOT Driver and Vehicle Services - Classes of Licenses
    Thats partially true, you are going to have restrictions on your license if you don't take it in a vehicle with air brakes. So technically yes you can take it in a pickup, but your still not qualified to hop in a OTR tractor trailer. I also should have clarified, my skid steer trailer is a 10k tandem axle trailer that is only about 10-12 inches off the ground specifically for skid steers. it has a very low loading angle but the width betweem the wheel wells is only about 74" IIRC. It is also a heavy bugger at almost 3k for a 16' deck. It has hauled alot more than 10k however.

Well, I stand corrected. I called the DMV a few months ago about a non commerical class A and i was told there was only a CDL so i left it at that. I guess I should have done my homework! Be very careful about endorsing a non commerical class A, they are really cracking down on "for profit" trucking. Even a case of beer, a show ribbon, or accepting gas money can put you into commerical territory. IMO, its not worth messing with a non commerical license and probably why I dismissed it so easily.
    Last edited by RedNeckRacin; 03-20-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    '11 John Deere 5083E, 563NSL Loader, MX10 Mower, 78" Bucket, Forks/Bale spear (interchangeable)
    L3400 Kubota HST Loader, finish mower, rake, scraper blade, Gin pole, Kustom Fab front hydraulic snow plow (Inspired by ASGAR),

'01 International 4700 LP, DT530, Allison MD3060, Air Ride, Crew Cab
    '11 Moritz 20+5 14.5K GN with adj. Tail
    '95 CR 500
    FIL-JD 4020; Ford 9600,5000

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota/B7800

Here is a picture of a toy hauler I built about a year ago. It will hold three bikes. Already put a couple thousand miles on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your towing rigs and trailers-image-1520373978.jpg  

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by jejeosborne View Post
    Here is a picture of a toy hauler I built about a year ago. It will hold three bikes. Already put a couple thousand miles on it.
    Nice build. I remember when you did it. Beautiful Eco Boost also.

Chris

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota/B7800

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post

Nice build. I remember when you did it. Beautiful Eco Boost also.

Chris
    Thanks DP. It has turned out to be exactly what we need. Taking it next week on spring break about 3 hours north to ride Redbird with 3 bikes and a 4 wheeler. Heading to Indy next week as well in the EB to look at colleges for my daughter.. It is very pleasurable to drive.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by denron View Post
    This is what I'm using. The trailer is a 16' gatormade and the Chevy is a 02 with the 6.0. It does run well but also is thirsty doing it.
    Hi denron,

I'm considering a trailer for my JD 3520 w/FEL, and was wondering how many open feet you have from your rear tire to the end of the trailer deck. I'd like to be able to tow the tractor with a rotary cutter attached to it, and was wondering on the length of trailer needed. I'd probably remove the FEL if I towed the tractor with rotary cutter, but am curious about the unused deck length that you have with your setup.

Much thanks,

- Spindifferent

=========================================
    Massey Ferguson 2615

=========================================
    Massey Ferguson 2615

Tractor
    john deere 3520,x749

Quote Originally Posted by Spindifferent View Post
    Hi denron,

I'm considering a trailer for my JD 3520 w/FEL, and was wondering how many open feet you have from your rear tire to the end of the trailer deck. I'd like to be able to tow the tractor with a rotary cutter attached to it, and was wondering on the length of trailer needed. I'd probably remove the FEL if I towed the tractor with rotary cutter, but am curious about the unused deck length that you have with your setup.

Much thanks,

- Spindifferent

If my memory is correct there is about 3 feet of deck space with the front loader on and the bucket up against the front rail. With the loader off I think 16' would be enough with a rotary cutter with not much to spare. With the hoe and loader on the hoe bucket hangs over the back less than a foot. I am right at the limit of my comfort lever manuvering the loaded trailer around. Tomorrow I will take some measurements and if my memory isn't too acurate I'll let you know. Den

TLM

Your towing rigs and trailers-image.jpg

Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113120121122123124125126133 ... LastLast