Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,221  
Very nice, good to see a stick shift still used as a truck. Pretty low trailer, must be easy to load.
Not to bad to load, tractor wise. Not so good for low slung cars, easy to load but can't get the door opened with the side rails, crawling out the drivers window is not that much fun...

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,222  
You can if your skidsteer trailer has a high enough GVWR to make your GCWR over 26k.

PA has both CDL & NCDL class A's.

PennDOT Driver and Vehicle Services - Classes of Licenses

Thats partially true, you are going to have restrictions on your license if you don't take it in a vehicle with air brakes. So technically yes you can take it in a pickup, but your still not qualified to hop in a OTR tractor trailer. I also should have clarified, my skid steer trailer is a 10k tandem axle trailer that is only about 10-12 inches off the ground specifically for skid steers. it has a very low loading angle but the width betweem the wheel wells is only about 74" IIRC. It is also a heavy bugger at almost 3k for a 16' deck. It has hauled alot more than 10k however.

Well, I stand corrected. I called the DMV a few months ago about a non commerical class A and i was told there was only a CDL so i left it at that. I guess I should have done my homework! Be very careful about endorsing a non commerical class A, they are really cracking down on "for profit" trucking. Even a case of beer, a show ribbon, or accepting gas money can put you into commerical territory. IMO, its not worth messing with a non commerical license and probably why I dismissed it so easily.

Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,223  
Here is a picture of a toy hauler I built about a year ago. It will hold three bikes. Already put a couple thousand miles on it.

Attachments

• image-1520373978.jpg
    image-1520373978.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 375
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,224  
Here is a picture of a toy hauler I built about a year ago. It will hold three bikes. Already put a couple thousand miles on it.

Nice build. I remember when you did it. Beautiful Eco Boost also.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,225  
Nice build. I remember when you did it. Beautiful Eco Boost also.

Chris

Thanks DP. It has turned out to be exactly what we need. Taking it next week on spring break about 3 hours north to ride Redbird with 3 bikes and a 4 wheeler. Heading to Indy next week as well in the EB to look at colleges for my daughter.. It is very pleasurable to drive.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,226  
This is what I'm using. The trailer is a 16' gatormade and the Chevy is a 02 with the 6.0. It does run well but also is thirsty doing it.

Hi denron,

I'm considering a trailer for my JD 3520 w/FEL, and was wondering how many open feet you have from your rear tire to the end of the trailer deck. I'd like to be able to tow the tractor with a rotary cutter attached to it, and was wondering on the length of trailer needed. I'd probably remove the FEL if I towed the tractor with rotary cutter, but am curious about the unused deck length that you have with your setup.

Much thanks,

- Spindifferent

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,229  
Hi denron,

I'm considering a trailer for my JD 3520 w/FEL, and was wondering how many open feet you have from your rear tire to the end of the trailer deck. I'd like to be able to tow the tractor with a rotary cutter attached to it, and was wondering on the length of trailer needed. I'd probably remove the FEL if I towed the tractor with rotary cutter, but am curious about the unused deck length that you have with your setup.

Much thanks,

- Spindifferent

If my memory is correct there is about 3 feet of deck space with the front loader on and the bucket up against the front rail. With the loader off I think 16' would be enough with a rotary cutter with not much to spare. With the hoe and loader on the hoe bucket hangs over the back less than a foot. I am right at the limit of my comfort lever manuvering the loaded trailer around. Tomorrow I will take some measurements and if my memory isn't too acurate I'll let you know. Den