Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,251  
Just one of the many reasons I left the state I was born in and lived in for most of my life. Love it...but the government is wacked!

How long ago did you and your bride leave CA?

As too the pickup over 11,400 lbs and scales... a friend has one of those and pulled into the scales with his showroom new pickup and was asked if he had seen the sign stating "No Pickups"

Can't win for loosing.

If it gets real bad... I've been thinking of hollowing out a motorhome and making a ramp out the back...

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,253  
How long ago did you and your bride leave CA?

As too the pickup over 11,400 lbs and scales... a friend has one of those and pulled into the scales with his showroom new pickup and was asked if he had seen the sign stating "No Pickups"

Can't win for loosing.

If it gets real bad... I've been thinking of hollowing out a motorhome and making a ramp out the back...

Left at the end of '03.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,254  
That was a good time to leave and get settled in for a few years before things turned...

Is your bride a California girl?

The reason I ask is among my friends that have moved to Texas... almost all of them have wives that want to move back to California...

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,255  
That was a good time to leave and get settled in for a few years before things turned...

Is your bride a California girl?

The reason I ask is among my friends that have moved to Texas... almost all of them have wives that want to move back to California...

I was flipping a few houses (before the tv shows) and knew it couldn't last, so I got out.

Funny...my wife is a SoCal girl, but we met here in Texas. And yes, she wants to move back, but any chance of that happening is pretty slim. This latest business of mine is my last hurrah.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,256  
I'm thinking I should spend some time and look up some of my friends that moved to Texas...

Back when I finished school in the early 80's was also the time of the nations highest unemployment since the Great Depression.

I was not having any luck finding a job so I bought an old shack on a postage size lot in East Oakland with my savings and began rehabbing it... looking back, it was a great learning experience is so many ways one could never learn in school.

This was also when I built a trailer hitch for my 72 Plymouth Valiant so I could tow 1 yard cement trailers for my concrete projects... back then, no one cared I was using a car... now, even a 1/2 ton pickup is too small... 3/4 ton or better.

So my first tow vehicle was a Plymouth Valiant with a slant 6 and I added a roof rack and removed the back seat and built shelves for my supplies and locked the tools in the large trunk...

I really never flipped houses, my plan was to buy one every 12 to 18 months, repair, get a loan, rent it out and repeat...

It was 1990 before I bought my first truck... a 85 Van... which was great with one problem... A lot of the neighborhoods I worked in were not the best... no one ever bothered my old 72 Valiant... my Van, on the other hand was a target for thieves... broken into many times... even while I was just a few steps away inside the house or in the parking lot at the Home Depot... alarm would sound and the thief would run off and the damage was done.

Still have the old Plymouth out back... that car has paid for itself time and again towing yard after yard of concrete... stacking 50' of fence boards, posts on the roof and bringing water heaters strapped to the trunk...

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,257  
I think I may need some more truck :D

089D5766-19A3-4AFB-81EF-82DB6EFC979E-6926-000011FAF56203AD_zps3c847341.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,258  
Here is my trailer, 22', 4' pop-up dovetail and receiver hitch.
P9062364.JPG P9062366.JPG P9062369.JPG P9062372.JPG

This is the heaviest load that I have hauled.

I went across the scales with 12,640 on the deck, 14,200 on the axles, 3440 on the ball, Just 3640 over the 14K GVWR.
P9230003.JPG P9230004.JPG P9230007.JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,259  
Do you tow a trailer behind the gooseneck often?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,260  
Do you tow a trailer behind the gooseneck often?

Yep, quite often, it has the connector, so the second trailer has brakes and lights.

I used this 16' deckover to haul six 5x6' round bales behind the eight on the gooseneck.
P6140004.JPG P6140005.JPG

Or this 12' tilt, to haul The TORO+Loader that I used to load 120 square bales on the GN.
P5220013.JPG