Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,272  
Nice rig! How long is the trailer?

Thanks. Trailer's 18' and 10K rated. I had it before the tractor so making due right now. I'd like one a little longer to allow the front end loader to stay attached when also carrying the shredder. I'm on the fence on whether to get a gooseneck or not. I really don't want to limit the bed space too much when trailering.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,273  
Thanks. Trailer's 18' and 10K rated. I had it before the tractor so making due right now. I'd like one a little longer to allow the front end loader to stay attached when also carrying the shredder. I'm on the fence on whether to get a gooseneck or not. I really don't want to limit the bed space too much when trailering.

I had a GN and hated it. I found I needed twice the trailer without the use of my bed. For me a BP is much better.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,274  
It all fits! I loaded my newly painted disc and my Mahindra up Saturday afternoon and went to our new local Love's Truckstop to get on the Cat scales. It all pulled real sweet!
hugs, Brandi
View attachment 312413View attachment 312414

How balanced was the load based on the scale results? If you are in the acceptable range for weight, you are all set. If not, you don't have much room to reposition.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,277  
How balanced was the load based on the scale results? If you are in the acceptable range for weight, you are all set. If not, you don't have much room to reposition.

Wolfpack2,
It was all spot on. I am happy with the balance.

I passed my CDL driving test today. I asked the examiner (a short, petite lady) if I could get my truck's registration weight changed. Registration says GVW is 8900 pounds. The data plate on the door says 11,500 pounds for GVW.

11,500 pounds would be better for me. GVW for the truck with the trailer, tractor and disc was 9460 lbs. As it stands now, I could get a ticket for the truck being 560 pounds overweight!
The Cat scales says the truck alone weighs 7300 pounds. One ton rating would be 9300 pounds. That would still put me 160 pounds overweight. So I want to make registration weight match the door data plate weight.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,278  
Wolfpack2,

I passed my CDL driving test today. I asked the examiner (a short, petite lady) if I could get my truck's registration weight changed. Registration says GVW is 8900 pounds. The data plate on the door says 11,500 pounds for GVW.

11,500 pounds would be better for me. GVW for the truck with the trailer, tractor and disc was 9460 lbs. As it stands now, I could get a ticket for the truck being 560 pounds overweight!
The Cat scales says the truck alone weighs 7300 pounds. One ton rating would be 9300 pounds. That would still put me 160 pounds overweight. So I want to make registration weight match the door data plate weight.
hugs, Brandi

Congrats on passing the test! Good luck in your endeavors!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,279  
Wolfpack2,

hugs, Brandi

Congrats on passing the test! Good luck in your endeavors!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,280  
Yea, congratulations on passing.

Chris