Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,284  
Wolfpack2,
It was all spot on. I am happy with the balance.

I passed my CDL driving test today. I asked the examiner (a short, petite lady) if I could get my truck's registration weight changed. Registration says GVW is 8900 pounds. The data plate on the door says 11,500 pounds for GVW.

11,500 pounds would be better for me. GVW for the truck with the trailer, tractor and disc was 9460 lbs. As it stands now, I could get a ticket for the truck being 560 pounds overweight!
The Cat scales says the truck alone weighs 7300 pounds. One ton rating would be 9300 pounds. That would still put me 160 pounds overweight. So I want to make registration weight match the door data plate weight.
hugs, Brandi
Congrats On passing your test!!!! I keep mine current because I can!! :laughing: Don't really want to get back into the driving field!!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,285  
Congrats On passing your test!!!! I keep mine current because I can!! :laughing: Don't really want to get back into the driving field!!
Thanks B7510HSD!
hugs, Brandi

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,286  
This is my truck, still looking for a trailer. Want a 18' 14k gvwr open deck for towing equipment, vehicles, etc.

'97 Ford F250 with all the standard mods -D60 w True Trac, intercooler, e-fuel, BTS automatic transmission and a few other goodies.

IMG_3653.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,287  
This is my truck, still looking for a trailer. Want a 18' 14k gvwr open deck for towing equipment, vehicles, etc.

'97 Ford F250 with all the standard mods -D60 w True Trac, intercooler, e-fuel, BTS automatic transmission and a few other goodies.

That's a nice old truck. She's a keeper.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,289  

Check this thread for good info. stand up or slide in ramps

I found the perfect trailer for me, 14K, 18' steel deck, 4' pop-up dove tail, with a receiver hitch. A 5' dove tail is too close to the ground for the terraces in the hay field.

For hauling square hay bales, ramps make a back stop. I run a strap from the top end of the ramp, over the hay, to the front of the trailer,
P9062364.JPG

For 8, 5x6 round bales, leave the deck down and ramps hold the last two in place.
P7310009.JPG

For equipment, ramps slide in to match tread width, and support the rear of the trailer when driving on.
P9062369.JPG PC190002.JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,290  
Hauled this mini hoe today to do a perc and probe test at our new property.

mini hoe.jpg