Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #151  
Afternoon Matt,
OK heres one rig, I guess Im a half a dollar late and a pound short but what the heck ! ;) :)

Attachments

• Spring[1].jpg
    Spring[1].jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 1,343
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #152  
Nice job on the trailer and Farmall.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #153  
I've got two ways to tow. Depends on whether I need air conditioning.

1959 White 440TD, 220hp Cummins, 10 speed Fuller RoadRanger trans
2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch, 350hp PowerStroke, 5 speed Torqueshift

Attachments

• IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 1,150
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 999
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #154  
JESSE1 said:
I've got two ways to tow. Depends on whether I need air conditioning.

1959 White 440TD, 220hp Cummins, 10 speed Fuller RoadRanger trans
2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch, 350hp PowerStroke, 5 speed Torqueshift

Now that is one very nice looking rig! The Ford isn't ugly, just common as dirt, but the White is a real beauty.

If your travels ever take you anywhere near Campo, just a little way outside of San Diego, CA be sure to stop in at the TRUCK MUSEUM where they have lots of restored trucks and more in process. I think I recall an old White with chain drive or was that a REO... Great place to see some terrific old trucks. Any docent can give a tour but ask for Lenny, a friend of mine.

Pat

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #155  
RayH said:
Id be impressed with all six tires smokin.

Thats a good'n :D :D

Abrannan On a serious note , How much was your braking affected by the large wheels? Truck is very sharp BTW ;)

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #156  
2001 -Chev 2500 HD, 6L, Auto, crewcab; 16' Woodworth custom trailer w/10' Homemade trailer:

Attachments

• Tractor Shows 2007 040.jpg
    Tractor Shows 2007 040.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,074
  • Tractor Shows 2007 039.jpg
    Tractor Shows 2007 039.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 889
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #157  
patrick_g said:
Now that is one very nice looking rig! The Ford isn't ugly, just common as dirt, but the White is a real beauty.

Pat

Mornin Pat & Jesse,
Ill second that Pat, that White is SWEET !!! :)

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #158  
Nasty135 said:
Thats a good'n :D :D

Abrannan On a serious note , How much was your braking affected by the large wheels? Truck is very sharp BTW ;)

It still stops fine..i mean they weigh 500lbs over the stockers so they do affect the braking..but they have been on for 70k miles..and they have only be a few instances where I had to get on the brake HARD..and they stopped fine..

Thanks for the compliment.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #159  
There certainly must be more stored energy in my 19.5 wheels and tires compared to the stock 16's when at speed but I never noticed any braking problem. Well... just once and it was during a very steep descent from over 11,000 feet and NOT having an exhaust brake (with stock wheels and tires) which prompted the exhaust brake installation.

With the exhaust brake I have never experienced brake fade again no matter how loaded or how long or steep the grade, including places like "The Grapevine" , Cajon Pass, and worse. Of course I insist on all wheel brakes on trailers.

I have about 70,000 on this set of Michelins and I will retire them due to age and concern for invisible deterioration before they are worn out. High mile drivers with a similar setup report 200,000 miles on a set.

Pat