Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #241  
Well you have a nice looking trailer.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers
Well, Beavis you certainly went the right way and got a lot of trailer to put all you future attachments on. What's the details of the trailer? It looks like a PJ 20' equipment hauler. I'd be looking to a 3/4 ton v10 to haul that load. My 3320 with fel and bh weights in at 6200lbs full. Add on the 2k for the trailer and stopping will become an issue.

Matt T.:D

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #243  
A big congrats on the trailer, you are a man above men. you have room for my case 1845 C skidsteer on that trailer with yours
Just back up your tractor a little bit and your truck will be level
How long is that beauty?
Jim
:)

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #244  
I just picked it up Thursday: it is a 22' PJ utility/car hauler with a 6" frame and twin 7K axles. I had purchased a 18' PJ car hauler with 5" frame in September but felt the trailer was going to be quickly outgrown so a friend who was in the market for a "like new" trailer bought it from me. The empty weight on this trailer is 3,400 lbs and the fueled weight of the tractor with loader is 3,650 lbs. This puts me 50 lbs. over the tow rating of my V-8 Explorer, but for now I'm not towing much; my trips are 8 miles one way on roads that are 45 and 55 mph. I am currently truck shopping though; I'd like to be able to load my tractor and my father-in-law's little 18hp Ingersoll together.

Attachments

• jeffstractor2.jpg
    jeffstractor2.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 840
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #245  
2004 2500HD 6.0, towing package. Trailer is a 94 redi haul 14'-12,000# skid loader. Like the truck, hate the gas mileage. But I bought it to haul and pull with. Its not a daily driver.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 813
  • truck_1.jpg
    truck_1.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 633
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #246  
Looking really nice. Ahh, the bane of needing a bigun, not economical when not working hard.

What part of Wisconsin is that? I must have missed those hills. ;) ;)

Pat

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #247  
I might as well post my junk. '04 Ford F150 4x4 5.4L put Airaid intake, hyperchip' and flowmaster cat back. Got a front leveling kit to put on then some real tires so I don't get stuck so often (everywhere there are horses there is "goooooy" stuff). Runs and drives pretty good but the mileage still sucks (15 on a really good tank). This is "my" daily driver but I put more miles on the motorcycles than on the truck and they get much better milage plus are more fun.
16", dual 3500# axle Trailer I got off Craigs list and added 4 wheel brakes, fenders,jack, lights & wires. and a little paint (needs more). Finally got it licensed (easiest thing I've ever done at DMV). I've got less than $1200 in it. Tows good and the jeep fits real nice. It's a little overkill for my little bx but nothing wrong with that.

Attachments

• Truck and trailer.jpg
    Truck and trailer.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 875
  • Trailer loaded.jpg
    Trailer loaded.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 700
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #248  
bx23barry said:
16", dual 3500# axle Trailer I got off Craigs list and added 4 wheel brakes, fenders,jack, lights & wires. and a little paint (needs more). Finally got it licensed (easiest thing I've ever done at DMV). I've got less than $1200 in it. Tows good and the jeep fits real nice. It's a little overkill for my little bx but nothing wrong with that.

Looks like you did good on Craig's list and brought that trailer up to snuff just fine.

Nothing is easy at Cal DMV. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Oklahoma does not have distributed DMV offices scattered about to torture the citizens. Instead there are "Tag Agents" which are private enterprise lisc by the state to handle DMV work. They are tied to central system by computer. Ins agents, tractor repair garages etc, all kinds of folks run tag agencies. Very seldom is there much of a wait (more than 1-2 min) at our local agent which is the wife of the guy who owns a tractor sales and service operation.

They have the blue background and a digital camera so they make driver's lisc right there on the spot and can issue plates off the shelf plus handle registration issues and such. Super convenient. Totally different experience from California. Renewing registration can be done there in a couple min or by mail to central office. We go to the tag agent because she gets a couple bucks for doing it.

Of course, in private use not for hire, tags and registration are not required on Oklahoma trailers. This made me nervous the first time I took an Oklahoma trailer, borrowed from a friend, to California. I expected about every other CHP to pull me over but not a single one did. I carried a letter of permission from the owner to handle theft questions just in case.

In the picture, is your left front tire low on air or do you boom the tractor down so tight it just looks low. I tend to really snug mine figuring if it doesn't get a moving start it is less likely to get away. I also tend to oversize my DOT grade 70 chains. If anything ever happens, like someone hits me and knocks the tractor loose it will be obvious that due diligence was pursued unlike some folks who use chain about the size for leashing a rat terrier (in grade "who knows".)

That is certainly one handy looking little tractor you have there. I am continuously surprised at how much you can get done with one of those and a "can do" attitude.

Pat

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #249  
Here is a picture of my 20' livestock trailer with a load of yearlings going to the sale barn.

Stocktrailer.jpg
[/IMG]

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #250  
patrick_g said:
Looking really nice. Ahh, the bane of needing a bigun, not economical when not working hard.

What part of Wisconsin is that? I must have missed those hills. ;) ;)

Pat
South western Wi. :D (monument valley)