Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,921  
Added a load trail low profile dump to the mix as I had sold my dump truck awhile back and missed having a dump. Didn't get a photo but my b26tlb seems to fit in it as does the m5400 if I put the bucket on the gooseneck. 14,000 14' long and 83 wide deck is around 24" high. Used Trailers For Sale Arthur Used Tractors For Sale Bloomington IL Champaign IL Kate's Kars & Trailer Sales Inc is dealer I got it from, added wireless remote. And may order a warn power jack kit.View attachment 554701

I would like to see a picture of the b26tlb in that 14' trailer. I have a b26tlb and to get it my 16' trailer, I back it on, and have to remove the loader bucket. Then push the bucket towards the grill to close the gates. Thanks, Jon

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,922  
Added a load trail low profile dump to the mix as I had sold my dump truck awhile back and missed having a dump. Didn't get a photo but my b26tlb seems to fit in it as does the m5400 if I put the bucket on the gooseneck. 14,000 14' long and 83 wide deck is around 24" high. Used Trailers For Sale Arthur Used Tractors For Sale Bloomington IL Champaign IL Kate's Kars & Trailer Sales Inc is dealer I got it from, added wireless remote. And may order a warn power jack kit.View attachment 554701

Very nice looking!
Would love to add one of those to the fold but I just don’t have enough usage.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,923  
WP_20180517_15_49_55_Pro.jpg

Obviously not while towing...

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,924  
****, I wish vehicles could still look like that around here after 20 years. Even with annual undercoating, the rust ends up eating them away and you can never stop it once it starts.

Thing is; Utah salts the roads like crazy all winter and I go snowmobiling as much as I can. I do spray it off every single time I go though.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,925  
With just the 4n1 bucketor the grapple it fits but I do have to cock the boom all the way to one side. I put some 4x6 in the neck to rest my buckets on when I have both buckets or the grader on the rear. I had to remove some concrete today and had 6 ton on last load and trailer dumped it fine, but it was loaded to the rear. Best part was trailer pulled perfect and the 12' ball hitch dump I had been renting I would have never thought about hauling that much at highway speed.
I would like to see a picture of the b26tlb in that 14' trailer. I have a b26tlb and to get it my 16' trailer, I back it on, and have to remove the loader bucket. Then push the bucket towards the grill to close the gates. Thanks, Jon
2nd photo I have 4n1 setting in front of the tractor, without side boards it was easy to chain down as I can reach right over.IMG_20180520_175038822_HDR.jpegIMG_20180520_184510350_HDR.jpegIMG_20180520_184545595_HDR.jpeg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,926  
With just the 4n1 bucketor the grapple it fits but I do have to cock the boom all the way to one side. I put some 4x6 in the neck to rest my buckets on when I have both buckets or the grader on the rear. I had to remove some concrete today and had 6 ton on last load and trailer dumped it fine, but it was loaded to the rear. Best part was trailer pulled perfect and the 12' ball hitch dump I had been renting I would have never thought about hauling that much at highway speed.2nd photo I have 4n1 setting in front of the tractor, without side boards it was easy to chain down as I can reach right over.View attachment 555213View attachment 555214View attachment 555215

That's a smart looking setup you have there.

Being in the UK I am not familiar with the swan neck style trailers you have in the states, so a couple of questions come to mind.

You mention dumping loads of concrete. Can that trailer tip to dump the load?

When you're not towing, does the fifth wheel coupling not get in the way in the load area, or is there a quick way to remove it?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,927  
That's a smart looking setup you have there.

Being in the UK I am not familiar with the swan neck style trailers you have in the states, so a couple of questions come to mind.

You mention dumping loads of concrete. Can that trailer tip to dump the load?

When you're not towing, does the fifth wheel coupling not get in the way in the load area, or is there a quick way to remove it?
The gooseneck (swan neck) trailers take the 2 5/16" ball off of your Reese hitch under your bumper and put it in the truck bed usually over the axle. It is not a 5th wheel hitch but simply a ball hitch relocated. Provides better weight distribution, better towing/control, and can turn sharper/tighter corners.

The dump trailer will still operate like a normal dump trailer would but just have a different attachment point on the truck.

Usually the truck side hitch can come off or get flipped upside down to be flat but if not it's just a ball sticking up so a lot of people cut off a pop bottle and put over it

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,928  
Thing is; Utah salts the roads like crazy all winter and I go snowmobiling as much as I can. I do spray it off every single time I go though.

Well that seems to be working for you because it is in nice shape!

Round here most undercoat places will tell you not to spray your vehicle off, especially the high pressure car washes that spray underneath because it washes the undercoat off too. This pic shows the typical salt that is on most cars all winter. Can't see it very well on the white truck but the black fenders show the layer of white salt that coats the whole vehicle all winter. You would have to wash it off every time you went for a drive to get rid of that, so it isn't feasible. Plus when you turn the salt into a liquefied solution it gets into the nooks and crannies and that just makes it worse. Better to leave the layer of powdered salt over the outside. Near the bottom of the doors you can see what the undercoat does. It goes on looking reddish like brake fluid and is sprayed underneath, but surface tension makes it crawl up the sides a few inches at the doors, fenders, tailgate, etc. Then the salt and dirt get mixed in and you have this lovely tarry black layer on the whole bottom. I just leave that there all winter even though it looks like crap, because why wash off the protection? Takes a pretty good scrub in the spring to wash that off and you have to throw away the rag that you used for the black tarry area, it just can't be cleaned. Basically the truck looks like crap for six months so that it can look ok for the other six months, and last a little longer.

View attachment 555451

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,929  
563BA145-06AB-48D3-B15E-EB1C3745E60A.jpeg

Picked up a TLB 110 with the Ram and Lamar yesterday.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,930  
after 5 weeks or so my tow rig has a new motor.

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG